Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:14 am

IC Skill Name:
- Active camouflage

Power Class:
- Defensive / Protective

OOC Representation:
- Summon Golem

Description:
- The golem stones act as camouflage for the character. The skill involves minor manipulation of the stones and thus does not take a large amount of concentration. The character is not magically cloaked or hidden in any non physical way. The character is simply hiding amongst the summoned rocks.

Explain relation:
- none

Notes:
- When the golem is in rest the character is cloaked from view
- The duration of the active camouflage skill is limited to the summon duration of the golem
- The golem does not mask scents or noise from the character
- This is an alternate form of golem summoning that cannot move from It's initial summon location
- Windmill is the only skill available for use
- The use of windmill scatters the stones and ends the active camouflage skill

Level:
Level 01.

Last edited by Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Active camouflage

Post  Xeek on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:45 am

One question, and one thing you need to keep in-mind. How does this work on monsters?
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 am

Xeek wrote:One question, and one thing you need to keep in-mind. How does this work on monsters?

It doesn't. It's not even intended to be functional against the game's AI. The best I could do would be to play dead, but the golem would still be susceptible to detection by the game's AI
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 am

Since normal golem summoning doesn't provide any hide for the summoner, it seems like you would have to do some other step to make it do it. So what do you do differently that allows it to hide you?
Auramune
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:01 am

Ethice wrote:
Xeek wrote:One question, and one thing you need to keep in-mind. How does this work on monsters?

It doesn't. It's not even intended to be functional against the game's AI. The best I could do would be to play dead, but the golem would still be susceptible to detection by the game's AI

You are going to need some sort of fail-safe as to why it doesn't work on everyone, if not it's not really possible. Skills are suppose to work on monsters too, or provide a similar effect than they do IC.

Example: If I want an IC skill that makes people fall asleep, I need something OOC that would make monsters docile, at least.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 am

Xeek wrote:
Ethice wrote:

You are going to need some sort of fail-safe as to why it doesn't work on everyone, if not it's not really possible. Skills are suppose to work on monsters too, or provide a similar effect than they do IC.

Example: If I want an IC skill that makes people fall asleep, I need something OOC that would make monsters docile, at least.

For Aura: He's not invisible. If you looked in the rock pile you could find him. He's simply spawning stone to hide in with limited manipulation of it.

For Xeek: There's no possible way for me to make the golem undetectable to game AI. Like I said the best I can do is to play dead as my character to make my character relatively invulnerable to attack from surrounding AI. though I wouldn't even hide near mobs unless it was necessary. In fact the mob detecting my character playing dead would show that he's hiding in the stone. if they don't push the stone away themselves aka attack the golem
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:24 am

If you play dead, it would work, but, that means players can do the same.. and it's not really providing camo.

What you aren't understanding is, you NEED a way to hide your character from the monster AI, if not the power won't be approved. You can try requesting it with summon golem+ Play dead, but I personally(not like it matters), wouldn't approve it.

I would suggest you try something else, like reindeer hide.

Edit: Also, what if there is no rocks? And how far can he move them?
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 am

Xeek wrote:If you play dead, it would work, but, that means players can do the same.. and it's not really providing camo.

What you aren't understanding is, you NEED a way to hide your character from the monster AI, if not the power won't be approved. You can try requesting it with summon golem+ Play dead, but I personally(not like it matters), wouldn't approve it.

I would suggest you try something else, like reindeer hide.

Edit: Also, what if there is no rocks? And how far can he move them?

Xeek I'm not trying to hide from monsters. at all. I just want a portable means of hiding ICly without toting around boulders on my back

What do you mean if there are no rocks. He's spawning the rocks like any golem crystal. He can't move them from their initial placement except through a burst of energy in a single windmill. after that the rocks are just rocks

Last edited by Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Minor edit)
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:30 am

.... In order to hide ICly, you must be able to hide OOCly. That's how powers have to work. That is the point of posting a power, for people to check to see if it's over powered and well represented OOCly. While golems do provide a VISUAL representation of what you want, they do not provide a mechanical one.

So, what you are saying, is that your character just summons a golem on top of him?
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 am

Xeek wrote:.... In order to hide ICly, you must be able to hide OOCly. That's how powers have to work. That is the point of posting a power, for people to check to see if it's over powered and well represented OOCly. While golems do provide a VISUAL representation of what you want, they do not provide a mechanical one.

So, what you are saying, is that your character just summons a golem on top of him?

Yes without murdering himself under the weight. It'd be no different if he crawled in between an existing pile of rocks. The difference here is that he's the one placing the rocks in a location for a temporary amount of time
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:35 am

Then how is that even a power? Or heck, how does it even hide you? Golems are pretty noticeable >_> Specially if one appears out of nowhere.. but mainly.

That is not a power, you just summon a golem and in it.. but anyone will be able to see you/the golem.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:54 am

Xeek wrote:Then how is that even a power? Or heck, how does it even hide you? Golems are pretty noticeable >_> Specially if one appears out of nowhere.. but mainly.

That is not a power, you just summon a golem and in it.. but anyone will be able to see you/the golem.

This is more of a clarification post. I wouldn't want to be hiding in a pile of my rocks and someone be like I can see you without actually coming over and looking into the rock pile
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:59 am

Then this is not a power... Would you post of a power that your character drinks half a bottle of milk, instead of the whole one?
If people see you, that is their choice, you should clarify that IC.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:01 am

Xeek wrote:Then this is not a power... Would you post of a power that your character drinks half a bottle of milk, instead of the whole one?
If people see you, that is their choice, you should clarify that IC.

Alright. Should I just delete this then?
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:03 am

Limitations will include the fact that you cannot control the pile of rocks like it IS a golem, right?

Now..HOW is he summoning these rocks? Can you explain that?

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:04 am

Soifa Toten wrote:Limitations will include the fact that you cannot control the pile of rocks like it IS a golem, right?

Uhm at this point it just looks like I'm just going to be using a golem without actually ever making it move ever unless I use windmill
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:05 am

Ethice wrote:
Soifa Toten wrote:Limitations will include the fact that you cannot control the pile of rocks like it IS a golem, right?

Uhm at this point it just looks like I'm just going to be using a golem without actually ever making it move ever unless I use windmill

That means you'll be using a golem crystal and cylinder IC. I was perfectly fine with this for the most part, just needed some explanation to clarify things.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Soifa Toten wrote:
Ethice wrote:

That means you'll be using a golem crystal and cylinder IC. I was perfectly fine with this for the most part, just needed some explanation to clarify things.

Yes It'd be a golem crystal and a cylinder ICly. He's not spawning rocks outside of the game mechanics
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 am

Ethice wrote:

Yes It'd be a golem crystal and a cylinder ICly. He's not spawning rocks outside of the game mechanics

Alright. Cancelling this request?

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:11 am

Soifa Toten wrote:
Ethice wrote:

Alright. Cancelling this request?

Yeah I'll cancel the request because It's easily explained ICly. The bottom line is that he would place the latent golem and hide amongst the golem's rocks. There doesn't really need to be a post about it since it doesn't go outside of practical lines. My only issue would be that I don't want people to treat the summoned rocks / golem as a golem lying latent on the ground. The point is for the rocks to look like simple rocks.
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 am

Well, people still might go "..that giant pile of rocks looks out of place here..." either way. Just depends on how the golem is set up and where and what kind of golem. Set up a snow somewhere not in Physis and it's super obvious.

I'll move this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 am

Soifa Toten wrote:Well, people still might go "..that giant pile of rocks looks out of place here..." either way. Just depends on how the golem is set up and where and what kind of golem. Set up a snow somewhere not in Physis and it's super obvious.

I'll move this thread.

Of course. placement would be important. a pile of stones in the middle of town obviously wouldn't work very well xD
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top