To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Auramune on Fri May 06, 2011 1:36 am


A girl with pale green eyes and black hair stood among the crowd in Emain. She pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose as the woman finished speaking. "But your words are lies." She spoke up, pushing her way through the crowd. Dressed in a yellow, white, and brown bianca and sandals to match, a golden whistle in her hands. Around her ankle, a snake coiled up. Hissing at the air towards the people.

"Great mother placed all living creatures in Iria. Elves, giants, animals, and plants.. You say that nothing was there, but you are destroying the habitat of the creatures living in that area. That is big brother's home. You people have no right to take away what Mother gave to us."

She pointed the whistle at Silver, her expression reflecting her sadness behind the thin frames. "You people squabble in ignorance, thinking that you can own everything just because you might not see something there at the time. Is it okay for other humans to walk in to your homes if you're not there and take it as theirs? No, you'd call the guards. Animals don't have guards, and big brother Maiz will protect his him and everything that crawls upon it until his last breath."

"You have no right to that land! Stop being selfish and taking more and more. Be satisfied with your kingdoms here or you will be smote down with the very power of light that brought Iria in to existence."
avatar
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5534
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 31
Location : Aplington, Iowa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Xeek on Fri May 06, 2011 1:39 am

(( Wolfe. "The BonFire Man". And "The Tree Hugger" Are not real names. Well, not yet. I am just using them so people can tell the difference. xD))

The BonFire Man in Emain:
After the girl finished her speech, he stood up, clapping. "Bravo Bravo." He turned serious. "Do you guys really listen to this BULL SH-T? Listen to the girl, she speaks the truth! If Wolfe is such a brother to you, why is he hiding away? Why didn't he come here himself. Emain is peaceful now? Isn't it? Why does he need his own Kingdom? He didn't win the war. He lost. Xeek was working for him at one point too. Yes, Xeek. Fenrir's commanding officer. For all we know, Wolfe himself is working for Fenrir. And he wants his new Kingdom as an attack post. And sure, she says that now. But, you'll see. You will all see, in the future they will change their policies, and who will stop them? They have a Kingdom, to one side, they have a lake. To the sides they have mountains. They'll only have one way to attack. See, the area he picked is very clever defense post. If he wants piece, why is it a coincidence that he picked a good fighting spot? And Like I said... are we in times of war? Why not live here!? Greed!

ANd... DO you know why this city was named after Macha? Because we were at her mercy. Why should we suffer so that he can gain some gold? Obviously, he doesn't believe in the goddess. But we know it's true. Because it happened. Our city, destroyed!

Think about it, my fellow explorers, my follow children of Irinid, the giants and the elves. Do we want him in that land? " He was done, he glanced around, looking for her, and headed north, but by the time he finished his speech, she should have been out of sight. He just headed north, and proceeded his speech in the residential area.


The Tree Hugger in Emain, after Silver finished the speech: The sneaky man, he glances at Silver, trying to memorize how she looks. As she got on her horse to leave. He followed her casually, but the skilled elf is very well trained. He will be nearly impossible to spot. Yet, his eyes are still on you. Just because you don't know it doesn't mean he is not there.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  TWWolfe on Fri May 06, 2011 3:45 pm

"Hmm, so the next plauge will be a lot of alligators, eh?"
Wolfe beckoned over a dozen or so people not busy building
"See if you can set up an impromtu Smoking house. I get the feeling we'll be rolling in meat before long"

That done, Wolfe glanced over the the now red Lutra. True, the stench was bad, but they had experienced worse before.

And now the rattle of hammers was joined by the rasp of whetstones on blades.
avatar
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27
Location : Martinsburg, W.V.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Mari Eir on Fri May 06, 2011 4:06 pm

((Doesn't this sort of limit their water source? Not to mention the water source of anyone else nearby? People outside of the "kingdom" who live off the land wouldn't be happy.))
avatar
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Posts : 4397
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 28
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Glaceon on Fri May 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Having a new position in her new guild, Fioria boarded one of the trading caravans of her guild, and rode it to the Wolves Kingdom, to see what was happening for herself. She had a strong connection to nature, and wanted to make sure the wildlife, and natural beauty, was preserved. The water source, the foilage, and the air were her main concerns right now, as well as the local wildlife. She knew the Prarie dragon also had a nest nearby, so that was of priority as well.

((She is NOT going to be happy when she finds out about the water...))
avatar
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Johto..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  TWWolfe on Fri May 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Mariella Kana wrote:((Doesn't this sort of limit their water source? Not to mention the water source of anyone else nearby? People outside of the "kingdom" who live off the land wouldn't be happy.))

((Given that in the time period, you only drank water when the booze ran out, they'll be fine for a while, at least until the river breaks the dam/someone undams in and it flows clean again. As for the other people, its only dammed up to Karu, so the only people suffering are the Wolves.))
avatar
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27
Location : Martinsburg, W.V.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Xeek on Fri May 06, 2011 4:23 pm

(( Note: This plan not only affects them, but it also affects the people surrounding, it's meant to pressure the people into kicking Wolfe out))
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Mari Eir on Fri May 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Xeek wrote:(( Note: This plan not only affects them, but it also affects the people surrounding, it's meant to pressure the people into kicking Wolfe out))

((EXACTLY my observation. Razz))
avatar
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Posts : 4397
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 28
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Retributix on Fri May 06, 2011 8:06 pm

Piac stalked up to the board again, some people stopping and asking him why he was so under dressed. Of course, he just smiled and said, "I'm a tree." and left them baffled. Reading for the first time(He missed it on his last trip) all this business about the Kingdom endangering this wild paradise, he hastily killed more trees writing another letter for the second time today...
Hello, Kingdom of Maiz.
I am a Dryad. A nature spirit. In some way, I am actually a tree.
To be honest, at this point,
I DO NOT APPROVE.
This seems dangerous for the environment, and I respect Nature in all it's forms.
Please stop all this nonsense immediately, or I will be forced to rally the forces of Nature, and stand up against you for Nature's own sake.
Thank you, and may your life be plentiful.
~Piaculum, Sole Dryad of Erinn
He left this note tacked up on the board for all to see, and went back to his tree near the Castle Gate in Tara to cry for the trees.
avatar
Retributix
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Posts : 71
Join date : 2011-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Mithos on Fri May 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Maiztan, who had finally learned to write (super basics) and read took a look at the notes on the board. He read them all up to the first one, and then decided to write a single response... something he had heard from a farmer near Taillteann while he was stealing pumpkin. He thought it was... adequate for the situation.

Get off mah lawn!!!

--Teh Maiz Dungeon, sol rular of the prayri

He posted the reply on the board, chuckling to himself.
Being childish is awesome. But seriously. I'm ripping their throats out and eating their beating heart whole while beating them with the arm I just cut off their best friend if they don't move. And quick. >:T

_________________
Answer me, Goddess... Where is our Paradise...?

IGNs : Mithos7351, Alastrine, Maiztan, Barme, Danyella
avatar
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Posts : 1272
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 23
Location : Candyland!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  TWWolfe on Sat May 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Tail had been much as she expected. Her talking was met with, at best, cold indifference. So she and her guards left, heading out the eastern gate, towards Dunbarton. But then, she stopped and suddenly started heading back south.

Bangor might be much more welcoming.
avatar
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27
Location : Martinsburg, W.V.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Xeek on Sat May 07, 2011 10:51 pm

The Tree Hugger: "This is the perfect time..." He thought as they were in Gariech. He crept up behind the houses for a shot but stopped, he couldn't aim, his head was cloudy from an event with Nia. He remained invisible, and drank another mana potion, missing his chance, he just continued to follow. "I have to shoot before it's too late." He thought again, as he followed them


The BonFire Man: "IT'S TIME!" He stood in the same place as last time. He raised his staff, with electricity ontop, and touched the river with it. Soon a painful roar is felt, and two giant alligators jump out of the water, one near the crossing, and the other one near the human mark, farther than he expected, but they would have to deal with him eventually. Soon after something flew over the crossing and any territory that was built on, dropping meat juice, with a powerful scent. Soon after, around 100 alligators and 4 snakes headed to where the liquid was dropped, hungry as they were kept from eating. He made sure he was on the other side of the river so they wouldn't go for him. He then shouted

"The next plague will be the plague of swarms! Let my land go. If you do not , I will send swarms of flying beast upon you and your officials, on your people and into your houses. Your houses will be full of all different flying monsters, and even the ground where they are. No place will be safe!"

He headed off to post the same words on Emain, and preach about how his last plague has come true. Warning Emain, they may be targeted next.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  TWWolfe on Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 pm

The pallisade and the surrounding area burst into activity, as the sentries horncalls sounded the alert. the3 now finished first floor bof the in was especially busy, as Wolfe, White and several other Captains crowded around the main central table.

"Whats the count?"

"at least Two of the giant alligators, sir. One by the human mark and one right near the bridge. also, there's a swarm of the smaller ones headed our way. maybe some snakes in there too, the sentries couldn't get a good look."

"Right," Wolfe said, looking over the group. He pointed towards one man "Captain Markham"

"Yessir?"

"I want you to get 30 men on fast horses. go and shadow the giant gator near the mark. if it shows signs of turning towards quilla, maqke it turn back towards us. otherwise, make it run till its exhausted. Do not fight it until we deal with the swarm and come to back you. Got it?"

"Yes sir" Markham replied, running out the door and shouting orders as he went. As the door shut, Wolfe turned to the others.

"Right, now for the main swarm. I want two-hundred and fifty men. One hundred With bows, one hundred infantry with heavy armor, and fifty heavy horse. White, you're in command. I'll keep the other three hundred here"he pointed at Crossings on the Map. " Half in the palisade and half outside. if you need to fall back, we'll relieve you. Take ice mines, stakes, caltrops, whatever you can to level the battlefield in your favor."

White nodded, and turned to leave.

"May Morrighan watch over us."


((so, how is this going to work?))
avatar
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27
Location : Martinsburg, W.V.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Guest on Sat May 07, 2011 11:50 pm

[[Roll dice. Loser ends up with missing limbs and a broken psyche. >.>

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  TWWolfe on Sun May 08, 2011 12:04 am

((but i like my psyche Sad ))
avatar
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27
Location : Martinsburg, W.V.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Xeek on Sun May 08, 2011 12:43 am

(( Wolfe... dice... never again xD))
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  TWWolfe on Sun May 08, 2011 1:20 am

((yep))

White had moved east, his troops in a loose order. He had counted on the alligators, on being confronted with his force, might scurry back to their swamps. Had the beasts been full, or even only slightly hungry, it might have worked. He had not counted on someone having the ability to starve such a large number.

As soon as they spotted his troops, the hunger-crazed creatures swarmed towards them. Several soldiers were taken down before the rest could form a coherent defense and beat them back. By that time, the alligators found another target.

The horsemen had trailed beside the army, riding along its right flank. the gators, scenting horseflesh, turned as a body from the heavy foot and rushed into the lightly armored horses. Horses shrieked in terror, some rearing up and toppling their riders before falling and being eaten themselves, while others were bitten on the legs and brought down as they could no longer stand. in the short time between the first bite and the infantry's arrival, nearly two-fifths of the horses had been lost, and many of the remaining riders had injuries from falls or bites to their legs. Still, they had managed to wipe out the swarm with only light losses. Then the giant alligator arrived.

It smashed into Whites men, bowling a number of them aside leaves in the wind. It snapped jaws again and again, grabbing op men each time. Men whose armor shielded them from its teeth were crushed to death in its jaws, while others lost limbs when the jaws clamped down on a weak joint in the armor. others were killed when the beast smashed them with its tail, or ground them into the earth beneath its bulk.

But then a lucky shot found one of the Alligators eyes. a daring soldier pulled out a pair of short swords and, using them like a pair of climing spikes, clambered up the alligators blind side and up to its head. Pulling out a large axe, he bashed down on its head again and again, until finally the beast shuddered and lay still. The soldier, covered in gore looked over at white and yelled.

"hey, think this'll fit in that smoking house?"

But despite the humor, the battle took a grim toll. Thirty men lay dead around the plain, and twenty horses as well. At least fifty men were wounded to various degrees, from small bites to missing limbs. One man had been bitten by a snake that had slithered along with the gators, and his leg had swollen so he could no longer walk. The field stank of blood, much like the river did.

There was one bit of good news however, as he turned back towards Crossings, a messenger rode up to White and gave him a message.

"after pursuing Markham's men for a while, the other giant alligator gave up the chase and headed back into the river. it swam upstream towards the falls. Bring the men back, we'll start building the funeral pyres."
avatar
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27
Location : Martinsburg, W.V.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Xeek on Sun May 08, 2011 11:05 pm

The BonFire Man: He chuckled at the chaos of the war, he has no real purpose on doing this beside the satisfaction of him and his wife. Though, as he thought of his wife he also remembered Aya, and how she would disapprove of this. He may not love her anymore, but her disapproval still meant something. He then grinned, carrying a baby alligator in a cage. He let it lose, in Emain's territory, near Blago, and threw the cage away, into the water. It looked like a normal lobster cage. He then ran into Emain. "I warned you all! I DID! I warned you! Now, the plague is spreading to Emain!" He pointed to the direction of the baby Alligator. "If I were you all, I'd stay home for the next plague...flying monsters usually mean dragons!" He kept continued repeating things about his last speeches, then headed off to Tail and Tara to spread rumors that the plague was coming to Uladh.

The Tree Hugger: Lost in thought, he couldn't think straight, he must have had over 10 clear shots, but he decided not to take any. His mind was to clouded, every time he went to, he thought of the horrible thing he had done. He wasn't smart, he wasn't an idol, or a role model. He was a manipulator. He made Nia turn on her very own plants, what kind of monster was he? He thought back all the times he persuaded a friend, did he manipulate them? Change their point of views because he was right, or because they couldn't come up with something better? He then taught to himself, that was the point of an argument to make others see your light. But... Nia wanting to burn plants, because of his words? What was this feeling.. this emotion...why couldn't he understand emotions? He decided to just return home. He had too much to think about.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Glaceon on Mon May 09, 2011 12:53 am

((Or for a bit more amusing side story....))

Ixia left the Wine Yards, having checked up on the wine for the day. On her way to Emain, she was taking in the sights when a baby gator caught her eye. She cautiously approached it, trying to stay safe, but also trying not to alarm the poor thing. After countless hours, about 30 baits, and a near broken taming cane, she finally managed to befriend the tiny gator as her own pet, and took it with her back to her home, where she would build a suitable habitat for raising a baby gator.

((Home = Homestead. Habitat will be....a little mini swamp. Once I find out where the homestead is, I'll mark it on the map thread.))


Last edited by Espeon (glacia) on Tue May 10, 2011 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Johto..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Auramune on Tue May 10, 2011 7:53 am

<< http://rpsociety.heavenforum.org/t2729-ooc-topic-for-to-claim-a-land OOC Comments please from now on go here.>>


Bangor was more than happy to accommodate Silver with a few nights stay. As Catzi told her, hard workers were always welcomed there. If things didn't work out with Wolfe wishing to claim the northern part of Maiz, new houses would be built in town for them to rest their heels at here. Catzi was more than happy to extend the invitation; especially to those who helped protect her beloved Bangor in times of strife. She had given permission to make a small monument behind the statue of the mine. With no expense to the town of course; with the condition that it wouldn't be in any of the miners way.

She thought it was unfortunate that she was the first to welcome Silver with kindness. The woman seemed nice enough, polite too. Finishing up with crating the last bit of ore for the local blacksmiths, Catzi looked over to her right hand man. "Not that I don't expect she'll be greeted positively, but could you speak to a few locals and let them know to try and keep an open mind and not to go too hard on her if she starts to talk to them about what's going on in Iria? I mean, everyone deserves a place to call home right?" The giant nodded, and Catzi moved on to the next thing that needed to be finished before the night was up.
avatar
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5534
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 31
Location : Aplington, Iowa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  TWWolfe on Tue May 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Wolfe set the letter down on the table. Perhaps sometime soon he would accept Catzi's offer, but for now, things were not so bad as to make them leave just yet. The dead had been mourned and burned, and there was a small black spot just outside the palisade. But there was nothing that had been thrown at them that had been so great as to make them wish to leave. This next plague was something much the same as the last few, a distinct, physical thing. And things could be endured, such as the river, or beaten, like the alligators. Wolfe had seen a few things in his travels and he had a pretty good idea of what to do about the bugs. He poked his head out of the tent, and sent off someone For captain Markham.

"You called for me, sir?" Markham said once he'd arrived.

"Yes, Markham" Wolfe replied, making little dots on a map as he did so. "you proved yourself against that giant alligator, so i have another small job for you." Wolfe Handed the Captain the map" I want large brushpiles at these locations. also, put some barrels of the stuff in the river beside them. then have men stationed there, and have them relieved at regular intervals."

Markham looked at the map. "what for?" he asked.

Wolfe smiled. "If its small insects, the piles and the damp will make enough smoke to choke them before they can do any damage. if they're large, the smoke'll leave them blind enough to make them easy prey for us. We just need to make sure the fire's can't spread any farther than the pikes themselves."

Markham nodded "I'll see that it gets done"
avatar
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27
Location : Martinsburg, W.V.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Xeek on Tue May 17, 2011 1:57 pm

The BonFire Man:
Though the river seemed to be restoring it's natural color, the plants and animals around are still dying from the after effects.
"It's time for my next plan..." He thought to himself.
He went to the same spot as before, and preached to Wolfe's crew.
"It's time for my swarm!"
He raised his hands to the air, soon, a buzzing sound was heard, Giant Dragon flies, swarmed the Prairie, while they were too spread out to cause any real damage, they are more annoying than harmful. Some head towards Qilla, others to the desert, and the last batch towards Wolfe's crew. Among the Dragon flies there is Wyvern, but those flew to high up, and completely missed Wolfe's crew. The Dragon flies don't seem to focus on the soldiers, but instead the life there. Eating everything they can, some flew weak, they seem to be kept hungry, and the weakest of the packs were dying.
"I shall not warn you of the next plague. But expect it! And you should worry about Uladh as well!" He left.

(Wolfe, the damage done to the soliders would be little to none, the dragon flies are not only weak from hunger, but too spread out to actually put up a match)

Though, back in Emain, small growling was heard. From the forest, the flightless Wyvern emerged, unable to fly for the lack of mana in the air. They spread out through the forest, walking the best they could, heading towards Emain.
He walked to the center of Emain Macha. "See.... this is the first. This is what I warned you about. Irinid is bringing her people to our land, and shall awake Macha. I warned you all! We should get rid of Wolfe for his selfishness! "

(Soifa, your city, you decide what to do with them. The Wyvern are weak, they can't fly, so they are practically defenseless. There is about 100?)

While not as many as in Emain, Wyvern were seen around other locations of Uladh, stretched from the Ceann to Tir.

Dunbarton: A guard glanced over, and saw the creature approach, it looked helpless, and took aim. He examined it closely. "Call Thorn." He said.
Thorn approached the wall, and saw the creature. "A Wyvern?"
"Yeah.....Do you think... the plague is real?"
Thorn just glanced at the soldier.
"Do I kill it?"
"No, bring it to our city, give it coffee, and treat it as King."
He soldier nodded, and took aim, but before the soldier could fire, the Wyvern had picked a fight with a bear, and lost due to it's disadvantage.
Thorn glanced over at this. "This is getting ridiculous, since you didn't kill it, write a letter to all the other cities. We need to meet and decide what to do about this....Plague."
The soldier nodded, and sent a letter to all the cities, requesting a meeting when they were available.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Guest on Tue May 17, 2011 3:18 pm

[[Darn right it's mah city. >:c ]]

The citizens of Emain panicked. Wyverns? That was NOT natural for their area, so of course the majority of the people got scared half to death. Three citizens had fallen to the foreign creatures before Yiana could gather the guards to push them back and kill them. A few of the wyverns, four, to be exact, had escaped and run towards the Blago prairie, the guards chasing after and only managing to down two of those.

In the aftermath, Yiana posted up a notice on Emain's bulletins. That man making those speeches and bringing those plagues...He was going to cause a mass riot one of these days! The citizens were in a panic and everyone was on edge, that was NOT what Yiana liked to see in Emain.

To the man constantly making those plague speeches:
Stop it.
-Yiana Nerine.

"Sadly...these plagues might be the real deal...I shouldn't shoot the messenger..unless he's guilty of something..." She rubbed the bridge of her nose with a sigh, "Maybe we SHOULD get rid of that Wolfe...Causing all this trouble..."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Auramune on Tue May 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Catzi stared at the small group of wyverns that made it beyond the skeletons and kobolds that plagued near Reighinalt. They were harmless, thanks to the ones that found them, and were bound up. Unable to harm anyone, or themselves. "Well.. that's certainly a new thing to see around here." Assuring the citizens that this wasn't wyvern territory the town was built over. Offering a little bit of gold to them, "Make sure there's no more hanging around here. I'll get these shipped off to Iria as soon as possible."

"It's all true!" cried a woman, from the crowd who gathered to look at the creatures. "What the prophet in Emain spoke of. It's all true. The gods are punishing us for what's going on over in Iria." It arose a bit of panic among the people of Bangor. Although most seemed a bit skeptic.

Catzi was among these skeptics, and she waved her hands trying to calm the crowd down. "It's just a couple of lost wyvern.. Maybe someone's pets that got loose. Maybe breeders interested in making some gold. But don't jump to conclusions. I'll pay for any living wyvern you bring to me, bound, but living." She paused a moment, "10k per each one." That seemed enough to get a few citizens out of their panic and in to hunt-mode.

After the crowd dispersed, Catzi sat at the pub with Gunne. "You don't think it's the goddess re-woken do you?" she asked, taking a drink of beer.

"Do you want the truth? Or just want me to humor you?"

"The truth of course."

"I think it could be. How else do you explain it? That breeder stuff is a crock." he chastised her.

"I had to tell them something? If they were worrying about it then nothing would get done. You go to the docks and see if there's been any odd shipments made. I'll send off to Dunbarton and Emain Macha. See if anything strange is happening there. ...gah.. I hope there's not a lot of them.."

"Yeah.." he laughs, "You're paying 10k a piece.."

"I almost said 15.."
avatar
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5534
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 31
Location : Aplington, Iowa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Glaceon on Tue May 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Espeon was out wandering town to town, when she noticed the Wyverns running amok in various places. She easily dispatched of them, as they lacked strength from being in a foreign land. She went to Tir, patrolling the towns and the line for any more Wyverns. "This seems to be very odd. Wyverns are native to Zardine..."

"I don't think any conditions would make them head to Uladh either." Her partner, Tempest, said.

"They shouldn't have...the only logical thing I can think of is something imported them or brought them over manually. However, it's like that person in Emain warned. Perhaps we should speak to Yiana about this. As well as making sure not too much damage was done in Emain. Then a trip to Bangor is much needed, as it's the closest city to the port. I haven't heard anything about who is in charge there, but I'm hoping they would be willing to talk."

With this in mind, Espeon's first destination was Emain, where she would try to get ahold of Yiana to talk. If not able, Bangor would be the next stop. Perhaps a stop to Dunbarton would be nice as well. Dunbarton has good defenses overall, but a check for damages would be helpful. "This self-training thing is tough, but it's what I gotta do." Espeon sighed after saying this, and headed off to Emain.

((Need to talk to either Yiana or Catzi if possible with Espeon. Thorn isn't as needed to be talked to, but Espeon will be stopping by Dunbarton after Emain, if he wants to make an appearence.))
avatar
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Johto..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Claim a Land (A Broken Company)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum