Lilith's Powers

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Auramune wrote:
Galin wrote:Savvy. If it's not a normal power of a 'cubi, but as Xeek stated otherwhere the council is permitting non-Erinn races, then she can simply be a Grim Reaper. Therefore this ability is innate.

Let me clear this up real quick.
You are allowed to request any race you wish in your character bio(be mabi lore or otherwise). You may request any powers you wish as well. Approval of one does not make the other approved. If she is approved as a grim reaper, then it doesn't mean that her powers are automatically approved as well. You have to do that separately. I was requesting a power. A power that has already been approved and a power that is a great deal less involved then the one that was already approved. It was Xeek who brought up the fact that she could be a Grim Reaper from her original location and bring that "race" to Erinn.

That being said..
If a Tuathan's soul is taken up to the soul stream, are you guaranteeing that Nao will give them a milletian body? Meaning it will work 100% of the time without a chance to fail? That decision is up to the other player. She is merely a transport system. It has been said previously that Nao cannot deny a murderer a new body. Lilith is acting as a transporter.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Xeek wrote:
Galin wrote:Mind doing as Dalvar requested, Xeek, and listing a "A clear, concise, unbiased list that preferably does not talk about your character."


What is her limit? See my response to Dalvar on the period of time related to how long the soul would be 'attached'.
What if you run out of LD question? As this is an Erinn-born playable character related matter only, I do not see this as a potential issue. How many playable characters are Erinn borns get killed regularly? Are there 100+ Erinn born characters who are going to die at a single point? It is the decision of the other player as to whether or not they want their dying or dead character to be carried. I don't foresee that I would -ever- run out of LD crystals.

How can you declare a soul weak, if the character doesn't? Can a body be too weak to travel? If the character is DEAD or DYING, is their body strong? Again, if you had read what the 'weak' statement was in response to, it would be the IC reason why she would be unable to bring the soul with her.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Dalvar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Perhaps we could adjust it to say that the soul was either too weak or didn't want to be taken and just wanted to pass on as normal?

_________________
Dalvar - A Good Shepherd.
avatar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

Posts : 2199
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26

View user profile http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Vayne on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:18 pm

*Read over this nonsense* Freakin' A! Look, so long as he has a legitimate reason for it, I approve. He has a) set a limit, b) described the nature of it, c) expressed that it can't be forced, and it is on already-dead beings. I don't see a problem with it, I just want to know a plain and simple reason as to why you want it. Not necessarily for me, but to clear all this annoying bickering up. So, give me a reason, and I do believe I'll approve. :l
avatar
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2008-10-17
Age : 25
Location : Behind the mirror. Pay no attention.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:21 pm

I meant a limit, to how many can she do? Can she do 10000000000000 if she wanted to?

NPCs die too. As we amplify this world, we make more NPCs. Both Milliteans and Erinnborns. Since it's her job, you can't only stop on player Characters.
Not only that. But as I stated before. 100 is a limited number. You can run out for what ever reason. You are hacked and lose them. You sell them. Ect.


How does a soul get damaged? What if a character's soul has not been damaged enough to be considered weak? But the character wants to die normally?




avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Grim reapers are a fascinating part of mythology. The fact that there were designated individuals who were responsible for assisting with the movement of the dead to the Underworld is a curious role. It is a morbid job to do and those who would be responsible for it would have an interesting perspective on death. The mindset of one who deals solely with the dead is a fascinating area that is often overlooked. Speak to an undertaker who truly understands what his job is and takes joy in it and you are only 1/10 of the way to an indivudal who would have been a reaper.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Xeek wrote:I meant a limit, to how many can she do? Can she do 10000000000000 if she wanted to? Probably not within the timeframe. It certainly would take some time to properly adjust. Over the course of forever, most definately.

NPCs die too. As we amplify this world, we make more NPCs. Both Milliteans and Erinnborns. Since it's her job, you can't only stop on player Characters.
Not only that. But as I stated before. 100 is a limited number. You can run out for what ever reason. You are hacked and lose them. You sell them. Ect. You cannot get permission from an NPC. As permission is REQUIRED, she certainly cannot take from something that cannot give it's consent.

How does a soul get damaged? What if a character's soul has not been damaged enough to be considered weak? But the character wants to die normally? The IC reason for her to be unable to take the soul and carry it is that the soul was weak and unable to travel. The character is an Erinn born who is ALREADY DEAD or who is DYING. The OOC reason is the person doesn't want their character carried over.



avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Auramune on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Galin wrote:
Auramune wrote:
Galin wrote:Savvy. If it's not a normal power of a 'cubi, but as Xeek stated otherwhere the council is permitting non-Erinn races, then she can simply be a Grim Reaper. Therefore this ability is innate.

Let me clear this up real quick.
You are allowed to request any race you wish in your character bio(be mabi lore or otherwise). You may request any powers you wish as well. Approval of one does not make the other approved. If she is approved as a grim reaper, then it doesn't mean that her powers are automatically approved as well. You have to do that separately. I was requesting a power. A power that has already been approved and a power that is a great deal less involved then the one that was already approved. It was Xeek who brought up the fact that she could be a Grim Reaper from her original location and bring that "race" to Erinn.

Read what I am saying, please. You can request whatever race you want. But the powers must be requested separately. If she ends up being a grim reaper with no powers, then that's what happens. Your race doesn't automatically give you any power unless you request them. That is for every race forever and always. Even if it's an "innate ability" it still must be requested as a formality, here. Powers that are not requested, do not exist in your character. Even if JimBobJoe is the same race, and has the same powers you are requesting. They do not exist for you until they are approved for you. As for your own character, you need to finish up your biography. I will not approve of a grim reaper or powers without a completely constructed biography. When the biography is complete, it will be much easier to look in to the powers that goes with it. Because of the nature of the race, this needs to be done first. If it turns out that you can't do either of them, then unfortunately you will have to go back to step one of creating a character.


Xeek asked the next part of my questions. So I'll look on from what he asked there.

avatar
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5534
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 31
Location : Aplington, Iowa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:38 pm

So, how many would she be able to do in a day?

Again, what if for X reason you run out of LD crystals?

The IC reason, you say is if a soul is too weak. But what I don't understand, what makes them weak? Near death? Wouldn't that mean all the dead ones are too weak?
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Xeek wrote:So, how many would she be able to do in a day? One an IG day.

Again, what if for X reason you run out of LD crystals? Then I won't be playing as her.

The IC reason, you say is if a soul is too weak. But what I don't understand, what makes them weak? Near death? Wouldn't that mean all the dead ones are too weak? Strength of a SOUL is different then the strength of a BODY, Xeek. If a soul deteriorates, it may not be able to be transported (i.e. what Lilith does). Again, that is the IC justification. If you'd like, I'll leave the reason to the player who doesn't want their soul carried.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:54 pm

How many SOULS can she ferry daily, I mean.


But that means she does have a limit?


What if I don't want my soul absorbed but, my character's soul is weak?
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Xeek wrote:
What if I don't want my soul absorbed but, my character's soul is weak?

Wasn't it said that it would fail if the soul WAS weak?...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Xeek wrote:How many SOULS can she ferry daily, I mean. Souls are ferried in the same timeframe as for a dead Milletian.

But that means she does have a limit? One per IG day. Savvy?
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Dalvar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Xeek wrote:What if I don't want my soul absorbed but, my character's soul is weak?
Look.
Can we just the soul is too weak OR unwilling?
Some people don't want to live forever.

_________________
Dalvar - A Good Shepherd.
avatar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

Posts : 2199
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26

View user profile http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:10 pm

I am fine with the soul being willing/unwilling.
My problem is how you determine it's too weak. Yes, by the damage taken, but my issue with that is.
What if I don't declare my soul weak, but I don't want it taken?
Or Visa versa.

If you go by if the character is willing or not to go, I am fine.


Last question, how does she take them to the soul stream?
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 pm

I have already stated, repeatedly, Xeek that it is based on the other character's desires. Whether you want to grasp that point or not is up to you. If you would like to continue to keep repeating that question, go right ahead. I will no longer answer that question as it is on this thread multiple times.

As for how she carries them, that depends on whether or not she is going to be allowed to be a succubus or if I am expected to request her to be something else.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Galin wrote:I have already stated, repeatedly, Xeek that it is based on the other character's desires. Whether you want to grasp that point or not is up to you. If you would like to continue to keep repeating that question, go right ahead. I will no longer answer that question as it is on this thread multiple times.

As for how she carries them, that depends on whether or not she is going to be allowed to be a succubus or if I am expected to request her to be something else.


You said if I wanted. and I am pretty sure you said player.


Are you requesting her to be a succubi?
How she does it needs to be said.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:28 pm

"If you'd like, I'll leave the reason to the player who doesn't want their soul carried."


^^^ Yeah, you said player.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Glaceon on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:43 pm


Something I'm curious about. I see LD working here, but how exactly. Do you have to absorb ALL their HP to get their soul, or just use the skill?
avatar
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Johto..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Espeon (glacia) wrote:
Something I'm curious about. I see LD working here, but how exactly. Do you have to absorb ALL their HP to get their soul, or just use the skill?

They are already dead.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Glaceon on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Xeek wrote:
Espeon (glacia) wrote:
Something I'm curious about. I see LD working here, but how exactly. Do you have to absorb ALL their HP to get their soul, or just use the skill?

They are already dead.

Correction, he said Dead or NEAR DYING. What if this "Near-dying" is still enough to resist getting the soul taken?
avatar
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Johto..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Espeon (glacia) wrote:
Xeek wrote:
Espeon (glacia) wrote:
Something I'm curious about. I see LD working here, but how exactly. Do you have to absorb ALL their HP to get their soul, or just use the skill?

They are already dead.

Correction, he said Dead or NEAR DYING. What if this "Near-dying" is still enough to resist getting the soul taken?


Have you read all of this?
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Mari Eir on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:44 pm

This power is being rejected. End of discussion.
avatar
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Posts : 4397
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 28
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum