Lilith's Powers

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Dalvar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 pm

How does someone get a weak soul?
No, actually, that's not a constructive question.
Let's move on to those.

1) I just want to make sure I've got this right, here. Lilith can take an Erinn born's soul to the soul stream to be reborn so long as they trust her enough to let her kill them and take their soul?

2) How did she get this power? It's not a normal succubus power. Normal 'cubi can't hold on to a soul any more than you can regurgitate a perfectly formed hamburger.

( I think Galin is not allowed to complain about silly powers anymore after this. ;P )

Councilor
Councilor

View user profile http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Honeko wrote:
Xeek wrote:Also, why are you requesting these powers? I thought you were against them?

This is irrelevant. Powers are a part of the rules. Anyone and everyone can request them. Everyone should be given a fair look for each of them as it is. Whether they originally liked the concept of powers or not should be irrelevant.

I feel I have a right to ask this. On the feeling he might have an ill-intention. Not so long ago, he was completely against my thread. So I am wondering why does he want to make a character like this. If he is going against what he believed in.

Seriously Galin, you are changing and not in a good way Razz
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 pm

And you did not answer my question.
By you declaring a soul weak, you are declaring something in the character that may or may not be true.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Dalvar wrote:How does someone get a weak soul? How does someone get a weak body? Wear and tear affect every part of a being. ...
No, actually, that's not a constructive question.
Let's move on to those.

1) I just want to make sure I've got this right, here. Lilith can take an Erinn born's soul to the soul stream to be reborn so long as they trust her enough to let her kill them and take their soul? She is not taking living people and killing them. She is taking the attached souls of those who have died and bringing them with her so they can pass over and be reincarnated, in plain words.

2) How did she get this power? It's not a normal succubus power. Normal 'cubi can't hold on to a soul any more than you can regurgitate a perfectly formed hamburger. She has this ability because I am requesting it. It is an innate skill of succubus to absorb souls, as I've been informed by council members. As such, and using the approval of Xeek's character for transport, it is an ability I am requesting for her.
( I think Galin is not allowed to complain about silly powers anymore after this. ;P ) I find this comment unnecessary and insulting.

Last edited by Galin on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Xeek wrote:
Honeko wrote:
Xeek wrote:Also, why are you requesting these powers? I thought you were against them?

This is irrelevant. Powers are a part of the rules. Anyone and everyone can request them. Everyone should be given a fair look for each of them as it is. Whether they originally liked the concept of powers or not should be irrelevant.

I feel I have a right to ask this. On the feeling he might have an ill-intention. Not so long ago, he was completely against my thread. So I am wondering why does he want to make a character like this. If he is going against what he believed in.

How incredibly rude of you, Xeek. I request a power for one of my characters and I'm to be told that I can't have it because of what I once stated? You are to judge what is applied for. If you cannot do this, then abstain and let others actually question it.

She is not taking the souls of the living. She is taking the souls of those who have passed. She is a grim reaper. Do you know what the job of a grim reaper is, Xeek?
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeko on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Xeek wrote:
Honeko wrote:

I think this is completely irrelevant to this particular thread. If you want to inquire motivations take it to a private channel. Seriously, this is starting to stink of bias. Because Galin requests them it's bad. But when you request them, it's not? Just stating how this looks.
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:11 pm

As a councilor stated before.
Just because one power is approved doesn't mean a similar power should be approved.

And you still have NOT answered my question or responded to my statement.

And, how did she get it, as in where did she learn it. Those are the skills of a succubi, you said it herself, she is not a succubi.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Honeko wrote:
Xeek wrote:
Honeko wrote:

I think this is completely irrelevant to this particular thread. If you want to inquire motivations take it to a private channel. Seriously, this is starting to stink of bias. Because Galin requests them it's bad. But when you request them, it's not? Just stating how this looks.

It is not irrelevant, because as you've said before, because it's approved for one character doesn't have to be approved from another. And he was saying so many ill-intentions could come form it, how do I know he is not planning on using them?

And has failed to answer other questions as well. I know he is your friend, and you think I am being biased, but he has not answered my questions. And I rightfully believe that he doesn't understand the nature of his power. And that it doesn't have a limit to how much souls it can absorb. Because if I remember correctly, mine was only approved due to the fact I can only take 2 souls a day.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Her bio still says succubus. Again, I have been informed that it was an innate ability of succubus. As that was informed to me, that would be the basis on which she has that ability.

Now, if/when the council decides that it's going to allow any/all other races, creeds, etc. Then she is a grim reaper and it is a natural ability of said creatures.
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Let us stop questioning whether or not Galin has some sort of...crazy conspiracy motive in requesting these powers and do our jobs, yes?

If you want to know WHY someone is requesting the powers, then take it to PM. The purpose of this thread is to request a power, the job we have is to analyze and question certain parts, ask for clarification, and approve or disprove based on that.

Galin wrote:
She is not taking the souls of the living. She is taking the souls of those who have passed. She is a grim reaper. Do you know what the job of a grim reaper is, Xeek?

So she can only take from a character that the controlling person has declared 'dead'?

Also, if she takes a Milletian's soul, is that character unable to rebirth for however long you decide to hold their soul?

Xeek wrote:As a councilor stated before.
Just because one power is approved doesn't mean a similar power should be approved.
Doesn't mean it shouldn't, either.
Question the power, the uses, the limits, and such as much as you want.
If you have a question regarding the integrity of the one requesting it, take it to private channels please?

Xeek wrote:
And, how did she get it, as in where did she learn it. Those are the skills of a succubi, you said it herself, she is not a succubi.

Might I quote from the bio of Lilith?

How she came to be in Erinn:
Lilith came from a world where she was a grim reaper. Her job was to ferry souls to the underworld. Upon her demise at the hands of a vile 'hero', her soul was freed and by chance she found her way to the Soul Stream of Erinn. Knowing only the job of ferrying souls, she was provided the body of a succubus, a creature able to absorb souls.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:18 pm

1) Oh, okay. That's cool. How long does a soul linger around the dead body before going to where ever it goes?

2) That is a bad reason, sorry. I don't actually have a problem with approving this power as long as you have a better reason for it than "because I want it." Xenark has a reason for why the character has his powers, you need a reason for why Lilith has powers that most 'cubi don't (because no other 'cubi does).

( If you all don't simmer down and stop arguing about tangential subjects in the powers forum, I'm giving you all a time out. That goes for you as well, Xeek. T:< )

Councilor
Councilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Xeek wrote:
Honeko wrote:
Xeek wrote:
Honeko wrote:

It is not irrelevant, because as you've said before, because it's approved for one character doesn't have to be approved from another. And he was saying so many ill-intentions could come form it, how do I know he is not planning on using them? So what you're saying is that you don't trust me to have a power, is that correct Xeek? The fact that I requested a power means that I'm going to attempt to abuse it? Tell me at what time I've abused the power system, Xeek?

And has failed to answer other questions as well. I know he is your friend, and you think I am being biased, but he has not answered my questions. And I rightfully believe that he doesn't understand the nature of his power. And that it doesn't have a limit to how much souls it can absorb. Because if I remember correctly, mine was only approved due to the fact I can only take 2 souls a day. I have answered each one of your questions. Fully and completely. Whether you agree with does not mean the question wasn't answered. I understand the nature of my power. Your ability and her ability are different. You never answered my questions to your questions so I can't really give you an answer if you can't provide me feedback on what you meant.
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:20 pm

*nods* He is still not answering all my questions, and ignoring my statements.
If you would like, I will make a list of them.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Dalvar wrote:1) Oh, okay. That's cool. How long does a soul linger around the dead body before going to where ever it goes? The nature of the soul is one without actual understanding. Some believe the soul goes elsewhere. I believe the soul is something that remains attached to the body until the body no longer can hold it. I believe that souls linger and as Mabi has shown, via King Hamlet and many enemies, some are ghosts. What are ghosts but unattached souls that may have attached to some form of a more fluid nature.

2) That is a bad reason, sorry. I don't actually have a problem with approving this power as long as you have a better reason for it than "because I want it." Xenark has a reason for why the character has his powers, you need a reason for why Lilith has powers that most 'cubi don't (because no other 'cubi does). It is part of who she is. It is part of who she was. It is what Lilith is. She is a Grim Reaper. Additionally, I had previously been informed that 'cubi HAVE the ability.

( If you all don't simmer down and stop arguing about tangential subjects in the powers forum, I'm giving you all a time out. That goes for you as well, Xeek. T:< )
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Soifa wrote:Let us stop questioning whether or not Galin has some sort of...crazy conspiracy motive in requesting these powers and do our jobs, yes?

If you want to know WHY someone is requesting the powers, then take it to PM. The purpose of this thread is to request a power, the job we have is to analyze and question certain parts, ask for clarification, and approve or disprove based on that.

Galin wrote:

So she can only take from a character that the controlling person has declared 'dead'? Or 'dying'. These are not just your everyday walking around healthy and able joeshmoes.

Also, if she takes a Milletian's soul, is that character unable to rebirth for however long you decide to hold their soul? Erinn born only. Not Milletians as they can already 'travel' by themselves.

Xeek wrote:As a councilor stated before.
Doesn't mean it shouldn't, either.
Question the power, the uses, the limits, and such as much as you want.
If you have a question regarding the integrity of the one requesting it, take it to private channels please?

Xeek wrote:

Might I quote from the bio of Lilith?

How she came to be in Erinn:
Lilith came from a world where she was a grim reaper. Her job was to ferry souls to the underworld. Upon her demise at the hands of a vile 'hero', her soul was freed and by chance she found her way to the Soul Stream of Erinn. Knowing only the job of ferrying souls, she was provided the body of a succubus, a creature able to absorb souls.

Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Xeek wrote:*nods* He is still not answering all my questions, and ignoring my statements.
Yes please.
A clear, concise, unbiased list that preferably does not talk about your character.

Galin-

1) For this power to be approved I need a set time limit from the time of death til the time of being unable to take the soul. I know it seems a little arbitrary but it's to stop this power being used on people that have been long dead.

2) You were incorrectly informed of this, and then told otherwise. Multiple times, if I remember right. Either way, assume now that it's not a normal power for 'cubi, okay?
Having her be a grim reaper is pretty cool, though.

Councilor
Councilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:31 pm

I was gonna say I approve of this after reading through everything up to the arguement - seeing as a lot of questions were answered before and partially in that, but I'll hold off on it til Dal's question is answered.
Temo
Burrito Bison

View user profile http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Dalvar wrote:
Xeek wrote:*nods* He is still not answering all my questions, and ignoring my statements.
Yes please.
A clear, concise, unbiased list that preferably does not talk about your character.

Galin-

1) For this power to be approved I need a set time limit from the time of death til the time of being unable to take the soul. I know it seems a little arbitrary but it's to stop this power being used on people that have been long dead. How long do you feel it would take for a soul to leave the body? I would expect a day or two. A body must still be present for the soul to reside in. Take Rian. The body disappeared almost instantly. With nothing to attach itself to, the soul would have fled wherever souls may go. Certainly she cannot bring back someone who's physical presence is not apparent.

2) You were incorrectly informed of this, and then told otherwise. Multiple times, if I remember right. Either way, assume now that it's not a normal power for 'cubi, okay?
Having her be a grim reaper is pretty cool, though. Savvy. If it's not a normal power of a 'cubi, but as Xeek stated otherwhere the council is permitting non-Erinn races, then she can simply be a Grim Reaper. Therefore this ability is innate.
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:36 pm

1) A day or two sounds fine to me. Hey, even two RL days seems fine to me. Or... How long does it take a soul streaming soul to get a new body? That seems as good a length of time as any.

2) So the powers of a grim reaper are the powers you have already stated?
I'm okay with that.
I'd like to see if the other members of the council are cool with that, of course, but I think it will be fine.

Councilor
Councilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Yes. Grim reapers are pretty cool.

Maybe there was miscommunication, someone could've told Galin that 'cubi has this ability, or one similar to it, and other people think otherwise. Either way, maybe figure out the base powers of a 'cubi for sure and have everyone agree on it?

So Milletians cannot be affected, alright. No hording milletian souls even after the player wants it back to RP with.

About the timeframe for a soul to leave...I would think the same time for a Milletian to get a new body would work. Just talk to the person that controls the character for permission before taking the soul, ja?

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Grim reaper in the traditional sense. All they do is ferry souls to the Underworld. As a Milletian, Lilith saw her job in Erinn to ferry souls to Soul Stream. No sense in her ferrying other Milletians as they can do that themselves. Thus, those who are not Milletian would apply.
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Does it have some sort of limit? What if you run of LD crystals? Or stam?

He only stated he has 100 LD crystals. Never what happens if he runs out.

Galin: "As the ability is based on the opposing person agreeing, yes, it is 100% successful."
I also have an issue with it working 100percent of the time.

And the difference is, Xenark has a limit, Lilith can apparently do it as much as she likes? Since you said she could do 100 souls in one day?

By you declaring a soul weak, you are declaring something in the character that may or may not be true.
I also stated this.

And that it doesn't have a limit to how much souls it can absorb. Because if I remember correctly, mine was only approved due to the fact I can only take 2 souls a day.

Galin: So what you're saying is that you don't trust me to have a power, is that correct Xeek? The fact that I requested a power means that I'm going to attempt to abuse it?

My reply: Yes I do feel you are going to abuse it, because you, yourself, stated that the power can be abused multiple times. And then you post a power like it?

Galin:The nature of the soul is one without actual understanding. Some believe the soul goes elsewhere. I believe the soul is something that remains attached to the body until the body no longer can hold it. I believe that souls linger and as Mabi has shown, via King Hamlet and many enemies, some are ghosts. What are ghosts but unattached souls that may have attached to some form of a more fluid nature.

My reply: This all depends on the point of view of people. All left up to believe, and has to be decided by the guild how it should be.

From what I can see in this power, since he has no limits, beside the fact of soul crystals he has, which they don't waste in an IC use, he can use this power as much as he wants.
Since his power has no limits beside to if a player says no, which NPCs can't say no to. He can make everyone in Erinn a millitean.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Mind doing as Dalvar requested, Xeek, and listing a "A clear, concise, unbiased list that preferably does not talk about your character."

Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Galin wrote:Savvy. If it's not a normal power of a 'cubi, but as Xeek stated otherwhere the council is permitting non-Erinn races, then she can simply be a Grim Reaper. Therefore this ability is innate.

Let me clear this up real quick.
You are allowed to request any race you wish in your character bio(be mabi lore or otherwise). You may request any powers you wish as well. Approval of one does not make the other approved. If she is approved as a grim reaper, then it doesn't mean that her powers are automatically approved as well. You have to do that separately.

That being said..
If a Tuathan's soul is taken up to the soul stream, are you guaranteeing that Nao will give them a milletian body? Meaning it will work 100% of the time without a chance to fail?
Auramune
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Galin wrote:Mind doing as Dalvar requested, Xeek, and listing a "A clear, concise, unbiased list that preferably does not talk about your character."

What is her limit?
What if you run out of LD question?

How can you declare a soul weak, if the character doesn't?

Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top