Lilith's Powers

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Lilith is a Sucubus.

When Lilith absorbs a soul, she keeps them in a "storage" in her body. Lilith will not obtain any of the memory, powers or curses from the soul she intakes.

If Lilith dies, all the containing souls can escape(back to original body if usable, soul stream if millitean, and if you are a Tuatha...well you are dead anyways) , or go with her when she rebirth. Also depending on the opposing player.

Illustrated by Life Drain.
It is subject to opposing character approval.


Last edited by Galin on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Galin wrote:Lilith is a Sucubus.

When Lilith absorbs a soul, she keeps them in a "storage" in her body. Lilith will not obtain any of the memory, powers or curses from the soul she intakes.

If Lilith dies, all the containing souls can escape(back to original body if usable, soul stream if millitean, and if you are a Tuatha...well you are dead anyways) , or go with her when she rebirth. Also depending on the opposing player.


Can I at least get some credit for the idea? Razz


Edit:

Incase you missed it on the chat box.

Also, while you are it, don't forget a weakness of some sort. Remember, when soul powers, the opposing player has the option.


Last edited by Xeek on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Xeek wrote:

Can I at least get some credit for the idea? Razz


No. No you can't. It was all my idea. >.>


How does the soul-absorbing work?(visual representation using a skill, how it can be stopped....etc etc)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:56 pm

updated
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Temo on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:54 pm

Granted they're dead anyways, but where DO Tuatha souls go? o-o
avatar
Temo
Burrito Bison

Posts : 4020
Join date : 2008-04-13
Age : 32
Location : WATCHING. O__O

View user profile http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Peru?
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:21 pm

1) What happens if the players disagree and your character still want to take their soul?
2)Does it have some sort of limit? What if you run of LD crystals? Or stam?

Also, if his powers are like mine, the Tuathan soul goes to where ever they would normally go when they die.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Xeek wrote:1) What happens if the players disagree and your character still want to take their soul?
2)Does it have some sort of limit? What if you run of LD crystals? Or stam?

Also, if his powers are like mine, the Tuathan soul goes to where ever they would normally go when they die.

Lilith is a "grim reaper" of sorts in the traditional sense. The character would already be dead or dying and it would be at the player's disgression.
As for limits, she certainly is not killing people and I currently have well over 100 LD crystals. Are you planning on killing more then 100 Erinn borns at a single moment, Xeek? It is limited by the fact that she is, in essence, a vessel to transport Erinn souls to the Soul Stream.

HER powers are different as she is not taking anyone who is living and against their will.

Do you know where Erinn born (stop using Tuathan Razz Tuathans are Udalh humans only Razz ) go when they die? Perhaps the soul stays bound to the body. Perhaps it floats about as a ghost, a la King Hamlet.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Galin wrote:
Xeek wrote:1) What happens if the players disagree and your character still want to take their soul?
2)Does it have some sort of limit? What if you run of LD crystals? Or stam?

Also, if his powers are like mine, the Tuathan soul goes to where ever they would normally go when they die.

Lilith is a "grim reaper" of sorts in the traditional sense. The character would already be dead or dying and it would be at the player's disgression.
As for limits, she certainly is not killing people and I currently have well over 100 LD crystals. Are you planning on killing more then 100 Erinn borns at a single moment, Xeek? It is limited by the fact that she is, in essence, a vessel to transport Erinn souls to the Soul Stream.

HER powers are different as she is not taking anyone who is living and against their will.

Do you know where Erinn born (stop using Tuathan Razz Tuathans are Udalh humans only Razz ) go when they die? Perhaps the soul stays bound to the body. Perhaps it floats about as a ghost, a la King Hamlet.

100LD crystals is still a limit that CAN run out. So the character needs to have a limit.
Actually.... if things turn out a certain way, more than 100 Erinnborns will die.

But how is "It is limited by the fact that she is, in essence, a vessel to transport Erinn souls to the Soul Stream. " limited? Can she do it everytime with 100 percent chance of success?

From what I get, you are saying everytime she tries (and the opposing player agrees) she has a 100percent chance of success.

And I don't know where their souls go. I figured they turn into a tree or something Razz Ego weapon even. I doubt they roam around.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Xeek wrote:
Galin wrote:
Xeek wrote:1) What happens if the players disagree and your character still want to take their soul?
2)Does it have some sort of limit? What if you run of LD crystals? Or stam?

Also, if his powers are like mine, the Tuathan soul goes to where ever they would normally go when they die.

Lilith is a "grim reaper" of sorts in the traditional sense. The character would already be dead or dying and it would be at the player's disgression.
As for limits, she certainly is not killing people and I currently have well over 100 LD crystals. Are you planning on killing more then 100 Erinn borns at a single moment, Xeek? It is limited by the fact that she is, in essence, a vessel to transport Erinn souls to the Soul Stream.

HER powers are different as she is not taking anyone who is living and against their will.

Do you know where Erinn born (stop using Tuathan Razz Tuathans are Udalh humans only Razz ) go when they die? Perhaps the soul stays bound to the body. Perhaps it floats about as a ghost, a la King Hamlet.

100LD crystals is still a limit that CAN run out. So the character needs to have a limit.
Actually.... if things turn out a certain way, more than 100 Erinnborns will die.

But how is "It is limited by the fact that she is, in essence, a vessel to transport Erinn souls to the Soul Stream. " limited? Can she do it everytime with 100 percent chance of success?

From what I get, you are saying everytime she tries (and the opposing player agrees) she has a 100percent chance of success.

And I don't know where their souls go. I figured they turn into a tree or something Razz Ego weapon even. I doubt they roam around.

I can easily make plenty of crystals. Are you planning on killing more then 100 Erinn born PCs at one time? She is limited by the other person's request for their character. Nothing more and nothing less. It is no more different then your own.
As the ability is based on the opposing person agreeing, yes, it is 100% successful. It is that person's choice if they want their character 'taken.' There is no failure rate if the player doesn't want it to happen. Seeing as your own character's "success" is based upon the same principle, there's no reason for it to be any different.

Perhaps you should figure out where souls go then. I'll stick with roaming or attached spirits. If there is no conclusion on what happens to them, there is leeway for any conclusion.

avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Ahhh, so it is based on my character?
Any particular reason you are requesting the exact same power you are completely against?

And, well, frankly you are wrong. You see, I thought about what you had said the other time in my power. And not everyone would be able to come up with plans like mine, so I changed it a bit.

I also don't think you understand the nature of the power. Since it's a very powerful power, it will waste some energy for the character.
Even my own character before was only agreed with the limitations.


avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:15 am

Actually, this is slightly different though it has some similarities to yours. Unlike yours which is used to increase your own abilities and to take the souls of those you've killed to do with as you wish. Lilith is more a vessel for those souls to use upon their death. Lilith gains nothing from this ability.
Perhaps, Xeek, you misunderstand what the Grim Reaper is. As the Mabinogi Grim Reaper is different then a mythological grim reaper I cannot make her of the same kind.
Certainly the ability to ferry the dead is a great deal less powerful then your character's ability to control the actions of those who's souls you possess.

As for my being "completely against" your power, I am requesting a small part of something that was already approved. Additionally, a power I was told was already possessed by ALL 'cubi. It is only by your request that I have even put in this application for the power. Why I should be requesting something that's an innate ability of 'cubi is beyond me, but you requested that I do it.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:50 am

I think the thing is...if the opposing player says 'no' to having their soul taken...how does that RP out?

Like Xenark's is 'glitchy', so it'd mess up ICly if the player said no OOCly(guessing Milletians only, since they need their souls to be reborn if they die....if you're Erinn-born and you die..I see little reason to say no...but to each their own, I guess?). Does Lilith's do anything like that?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:53 am

Soifa wrote:I think the thing is...if the opposing player says 'no' to having their soul taken...how does that RP out?

Like Xenark's is 'glitchy', so it'd mess up ICly if the player said no OOCly(guessing Milletians only, since they need their souls to be reborn if they die....if you're Erinn-born and you die..I see little reason to say no...but to each their own, I guess?). Does Lilith's do anything like that?

The soul was too worn/weak to be absorbed for the transport.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:05 am

So..there's an IC reason for it to fail should it come to an OOC agreement that the soul is not taken...

What does 'storing' them do for Lilith? Or does she only do it because it's her 'job'?



As for where the Erinn-born souls go when they die...I vote that they explode.

Or they can become one with the planet and give the planet energy. Wooo~

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:07 am

Does nothing for her. She does it because it's her job.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 am

So....basically...

Lilith can take a soul and hold onto it(guessing because we're not exactly sure where they GO really) because she feels she has to.

Victim can say "Nty, no want soul taken.", and the soul-taking can fail.

Lilith gains nothing but personal satisfaction for 'ferrying' the souls.



Is there a problem with this that I'm missing? It's like Xenark's powers, only heavily watered down. ._.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:30 am

That's exactly the premise of it, Soifa.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:44 pm

How can a soul be to weak to be absorbed? Wouldn't it be too strong?
And the difference is, Xenark has a limit, Lilith can apparently do it as much as she likes? Since you said she could do 100 souls in one day?
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:49 pm

No. The soul would be too weak to be absorbed. If the soul is not strong enough to make the travel with her, she cannot absorb it for storage and transport.

The purpose of the absorbtion is different between your character and mine. I think you are misunderstanding what her intention in it is.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Glaceon on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:52 pm

If a soul is too weak, then it should be like insanely easy to absorb it. Maybe it wouldn't make the travel, but the absorption all the same would be easy as pie.
avatar
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Johto..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Galin wrote:No. The soul would be too weak to be absorbed. If the soul is not strong enough to make the travel with her, she cannot absorb it for storage and transport.

The purpose of the absorbtion is different between your character and mine. I think you are misunderstanding what her intention in it is.

Well, the problem with that is, you are implying other character's have a weak soul.

Lets try the same on my two characters.

Ryuuxen and Xeek.

Lets say I don't allow the process to happen on Ryuu, implying he has a weak soul.
But I do allow it on Xeek, which says he has a weaker soul, in actuality, Xeek has a weaker soul than Ryuu.

Also, why are you requesting these powers? I thought you were against them?
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Xeek on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Espeon (glacia) wrote:If a soul is too weak, then it should be like insanely easy to absorb it. Maybe it wouldn't make the travel, but the absorption all the same would be easy as pie.

He means, he won't absorb it.

Like you would not eat a rotten tuna sandwich (least I hope).
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Honeko on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Xeek wrote:Also, why are you requesting these powers? I thought you were against them?

This is irrelevant. Powers are a part of the rules. Anyone and everyone can request them. Everyone should be given a fair look for each of them as it is. Whether they originally liked the concept of powers or not should be irrelevant.
avatar
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2008-06-10
Age : 35
Location : Manassas, VA

View user profile http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Veleth on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Xeek wrote:
Galin wrote:No. The soul would be too weak to be absorbed. If the soul is not strong enough to make the travel with her, she cannot absorb it for storage and transport.

The purpose of the absorbtion is different between your character and mine. I think you are misunderstanding what her intention in it is.

Well, the problem with that is, you are implying other character's have a weak soul.

Lets try the same on my two characters.

Ryuuxen and Xeek.

Lets say I don't allow the process to happen on Ryuu, implying he has a weak soul.
But I do allow it on Xeek, which says he has a weaker soul, in actuality, Xeek has a weaker soul than Ryuu.

Also, why are you requesting these powers? I thought you were against them?

#1 Xeek. I don't have to justify why I am requesting the powers and my point of view on powers. I find it highly insulting that you continue to try to dismiss my request with these attempts. I am making the request and YOU are expected to ask questions and approve/refuse those abilities based on the content. I have answered your questions on the powers. Correct?

#2, your character is absorbing souls to build his own strength. Lilith's absorbtion is for the benefit of the soul. If a soul is too weak to travel, it would "fizzle out" in some respects. Your character feeds off of the weak souls that it steals from the living. Lilith is absorbing the souls of those who are no longer capable of carrying on. I'm sorry if you can't understand that difference.
avatar
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 35
Location : On the Isle of Eire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Powers

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum