Niltsiar's abilities

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Dranis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:44 am

I know Niltsiar isn't in the guild, he's my main. Which is in another guild, But I still think the requesting powers rule applies if I am to be Rping with him? o.o So I am posting a powers thread on his Abilities.


Giantís strength: due to his time on Erinn and his practices with the sword, paladins, dark knights, and the giants and all the sparring with every race, His strength has grown stronger then that of the average human. (200 base strength) (224 strength while holding the glory sword)

Chaos power of Darkness: Simply put, He can gather darkness to create armor over his armor and become a Chaos knight, Due to his training as a dark knight for so many years.
(Skill relation Chaos knight)

Quick step: due to wearing heavy armor for a good many thousands years and his thousands of years of training and sparring he has learned to move faster, but his armor weighs him down so he cannot move as fast with his armor on. While not wearing his armor and the weight removed he is able to move at a very fast pace making his movement almost seem invisible to the human eye. (Skill Relation Final hit)
avatar
Dranis
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 25
Location : In the middle of no where in which is a place you wont find.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Auramune on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:38 am

er.. am I wrong in not seeing any actual 'powers' here?
avatar
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5534
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 31
Location : Aplington, Iowa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Dranis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:58 am

I dunno I got a bit of a word for such things sooo I had to post them up to check o.o... cause a human that could stand still against a giant pushing on him, and not be budged so I posted it up here... and he has the ability to move at extreme speeds while not having any heavy armor...thought that might'o been considered a power.


Last edited by Dranis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mispell...><)
avatar
Dranis
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 25
Location : In the middle of no where in which is a place you wont find.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Adhamh on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:09 am

Yea, I found it hard to believe that Niltsiar could go unbudged against Adhamh pushing at him with his large hammer. Even -if- Niltsiar would be able to stand his ground against a being twice his height and most likely twice his weight, I doubt he'd be able to "brush off" being thrown outside of a building as if he had simply tripped and dirtied his armor.

Also, more on this point, just because he has trained with giants, it doesn't mean he can become as strong or even stronger than ALL giants. Humans have their limits. Giants -naturally- have a heightened physical strength. Who's to say that some giants (including Adhamh) haven't trained and have become stronger physically.. Even if Nilt was to somehow become as strong or stronger than giants through training, that's basing it on the ideas that giants are static when it comes to strength. They too, can become stronger through training.
avatar
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Posts : 2261
Join date : 2010-06-25
Age : 24
Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Glaceon on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 pm

-points to Teo- I rest my case on Adhamh's point.
avatar
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Johto..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Auramune on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 pm

When it comes to people being pushed, it's power+force of blow. A little kid can knock over an adult if there's enough force. If a giant is swinging, as hard as he can, a giant hammer then yeah.. there's probably going to be some sort of push despite the resistance. With str/def factor, you have to consider the other person's strength as well.

Just use common sense, folks.

As for the FH power, it seems that it only works like FH? You'd need a quick mount to "move quickly" outside of battle, as well. Since FH doesn't allow you to move quickly unless you're hitting things.
avatar
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5534
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 31
Location : Aplington, Iowa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Mari Eir on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Ok, about the giant vs human issue... If I a giant picks him up and throws him, there's no resistance there. Giant strength =/= giant weight. Ok, so he's strong. You had better be stronger than any PERSON you come up against OOC, not just giants. Before I came back to Tarlach, I had an elf that could go toe to toe with this character where strength is concerned. I ALSO know about the situation between Adhamh and Niltsiar that happened yesterday, so I feel you adding this power is a little biased.
avatar
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Posts : 4397
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 28
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Glaceon on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Mariella Kana wrote:Ok, about the giant vs human issue... If I a giant picks him up and throws him, there's no resistance there. Giant strength =/= giant weight. Ok, so he's strong. You had better be stronger than any PERSON you come up against OOC, not just giants. Before I came back to Tarlach, I had an elf that could go toe to toe with this character where strength is concerned. I ALSO know about the situation between Adhamh and Niltsiar that happened yesterday, so I feel you adding this power is a little biased.

Alright, I'd like to point out the bolded part. Now let's go back to the sparring match yesterday. Glacia is 11 years old, and about HALF your size. Not to mention HALF your strength as well. Yet...she STILL managed to beat you. If it was OOC...I would have been a lot more fierce. Granted OOC I'm a lot more leveled, that doesn't mean much. My point is you can't really say you are strong if you have a lot of strength. Granted I -did- use a bow at the end, it was only two shots of AR, so minimal damage.

Now also keep in mind just how STRONG a giant is. I don't see Niltsiar going to Vales and breaking trees with his bare fists in one shot. Nor do I see him having the power to lift people up onto his shoulder with ease, no matter how heavily armored the person is. The point is you can -never- be stronger ICly than a giant. OOCly, strength-wise possibly. But power does not equal strength. Otherwise Glacia shouldn't have been able to beat you so easily.
avatar
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Johto..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Dranis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Alright alright jeez alot of people with paragraphs on this point, i only went to bed. ><

I understand, see that is why I put it in the powers thread I needed the opinion of if it should stay or go, and obviously it is going. So no super giant strength stuff ya.

But Glaica I suck at pvp so honstly if I win I just get lucky a noob/newb could beat me at pvp with Eriry, So ya.
avatar
Dranis
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 25
Location : In the middle of no where in which is a place you wont find.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Glaceon on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Alright Dranis, I will say this then

You can only be AS STRONG as you are OOCly. You cannot be stronger ICly than OOCly. This has been brought up several times with other people, now the message is going to you.
avatar
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Johto..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Dranis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Well if we are going that way then yes, Niltsiar should have the strength to push a giant to the ground, or hold his ground against a giant pushing him. 230 strength I think that's pretty far up there. OOCly Niltsiar is VERY strong. I just suck when it comes to PVP <.<
avatar
Dranis
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 25
Location : In the middle of no where in which is a place you wont find.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Mari Eir on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Dranis wrote:Well if we are going that way then yes, Niltsiar should have the strength to push a giant to the ground, or hold his ground against a giant pushing him. 230 strength I think that's pretty far up there. OOCly Niltsiar is VERY strong. I just suck when it comes to PVP <.<
1. PvP is the easiest way to decide a battle. It shuts everyone up the quickest since it's pretty black and white. Strength isn't the only issue, but skill. Your character shouldn't be more skilled IC than you are OOC.
2. The power shouldn't have been used in the first place if it wasn't already approved.
avatar
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Posts : 4397
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 28
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Dranis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:54 pm

my character is skilled OOC. I AM NOT SKILLED IN PVP, my characters skills are all combat rank1 sept for final hit. its not the character, It's my damned crappy connection can't pvp with my connection if I went to some friends house and got online then pvp'd you'd see the difference.


Last edited by Dranis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : miss spell.)
avatar
Dranis
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 25
Location : In the middle of no where in which is a place you wont find.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Xeek on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Dranis wrote:my character is skilled OOC. I AM NOT SKILLED IN PVP, my characters skills are all combat rank1 sept for final hit. its not the character, It's my damned crappy connection can't pvp with my connection if I went to some friends house and got online then pvp'd you'd see the difference.

my computer stinks, anywhere I PvP is laggy. I deal with it.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Dranis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:12 pm

yes I deal with it too but apparently my connection is worse then yours then.
avatar
Dranis
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 25
Location : In the middle of no where in which is a place you wont find.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Xeek on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Dranis wrote:yes I deal with it too but apparently my connection is worse then yours then.

Not when I lag every other minute.

And I don't make Xeek stronger than he is suppose to be. Beside, stinking at PvP is not a reason to god-XXXX IC. Cause I am sure if I hit you in an OOC PvP duel you would move.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Dranis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Did I not say I was droping that!? jeez..enough with it. I was replying to peoples posts, and yes it is what it is.
avatar
Dranis
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 25
Location : In the middle of no where in which is a place you wont find.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 pm

I am just going to point out this. In my martial arts class the little guy normally takes out the big guy just by using the guys strength against him. I don't know what happened with Adham but you could rp it to the point where you grasped the handle and torqued with enough force to send him flying away from you. In this case you wouldn't be asking for giant abnormal strength but more of a fluid action packed fighter which can be seen through your many years of sparring Ic. I've dueled him before, Nilt's defense is pretty nice so you could have absorbed the impact by saying you had your guard up, but as long as you don't go around "wind-guarding" everything it seems fine to me using the martial arts explanation.

avatar
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Posts : 969
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 26
Location : Not in your pants. . .yet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Xeek on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 am

Teoxihuitl wrote:I am just going to point out this. In my martial arts class the little guy normally takes out the big guy just by using the guys strength against him. I don't know what happened with Adham but you could rp it to the point where you grasped the handle and torqued with enough force to send him flying away from you. In this case you wouldn't be asking for giant abnormal strength but more of a fluid action packed fighter which can be seen through your many years of sparring Ic. I've dueled him before, Nilt's defense is pretty nice so you could have absorbed the impact by saying you had your guard up, but as long as you don't go around "wind-guarding" everything it seems fine to me using the martial arts explanation.


A throw strong enough to throw someone would be a smash. Are you saying Def > Smash?
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Teoxihuitl on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:11 am

Xeek wrote:
Teoxihuitl wrote:I am just going to point out this. In my martial arts class the little guy normally takes out the big guy just by using the guys strength against him. I don't know what happened with Adham but you could rp it to the point where you grasped the handle and torqued with enough force to send him flying away from you. In this case you wouldn't be asking for giant abnormal strength but more of a fluid action packed fighter which can be seen through your many years of sparring Ic. I've dueled him before, Nilt's defense is pretty nice so you could have absorbed the impact by saying you had your guard up, but as long as you don't go around "wind-guarding" everything it seems fine to me using the martial arts explanation.


A throw strong enough to throw someone would be a smash. Are you saying Def > Smash?

Nope but counter is. Razz
avatar
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Posts : 969
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 26
Location : Not in your pants. . .yet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Xeek on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Teoxihuitl wrote:
Xeek wrote:
Teoxihuitl wrote:I am just going to point out this. In my martial arts class the little guy normally takes out the big guy just by using the guys strength against him. I don't know what happened with Adham but you could rp it to the point where you grasped the handle and torqued with enough force to send him flying away from you. In this case you wouldn't be asking for giant abnormal strength but more of a fluid action packed fighter which can be seen through your many years of sparring Ic. I've dueled him before, Nilt's defense is pretty nice so you could have absorbed the impact by saying you had your guard up, but as long as you don't go around "wind-guarding" everything it seems fine to me using the martial arts explanation.


A throw strong enough to throw someone would be a smash. Are you saying Def > Smash?

Nope but counter is. Razz

He didn't counter it though? As far I know, he just stood still. And didn't even budge. (as far I know). A doubt a human, even if you are strong, and a pretty strong giant pushes you, you will be moved.
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Mari Eir on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Xeek wrote:
Teoxihuitl wrote:
Xeek wrote:
Teoxihuitl wrote:I am just going to point out this. In my martial arts class the little guy normally takes out the big guy just by using the guys strength against him. I don't know what happened with Adham but you could rp it to the point where you grasped the handle and torqued with enough force to send him flying away from you. In this case you wouldn't be asking for giant abnormal strength but more of a fluid action packed fighter which can be seen through your many years of sparring Ic. I've dueled him before, Nilt's defense is pretty nice so you could have absorbed the impact by saying you had your guard up, but as long as you don't go around "wind-guarding" everything it seems fine to me using the martial arts explanation.


A throw strong enough to throw someone would be a smash. Are you saying Def > Smash?

Nope but counter is. Razz

He didn't counter it though? As far I know, he just stood still. And didn't even budge. (as far I know). A doubt a human, even if you are strong, and a pretty strong giant pushes you, you will be moved.
I think throwing was mentioned as well, something about the impact of hitting the ground...

But I thought we dropped this already, guys... *points up a few posts*
avatar
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Posts : 4397
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 28
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Krystal on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:14 pm

I agree with Mari, and I ask that we get back to the powers in question. If you have an issue with something he did in a RP, you should take it up with him in a PM, not on forums with his power thread. Thank you.

P.S. Counter doesn't let the character move, so standing there DOES work.
avatar
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Posts : 1299
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 23
Location : I'm not where you think I'm not...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Kayeori on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:13 pm

How are we doing with this request? Thoughts, concerns, or issues?
avatar
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

Posts : 1655
Join date : 2008-04-30
Age : 34
Location : Chillin in Sulia's pants.

View user profile http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Xeek on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:16 am


First, has he even returned?

Second *points below*


Dranis wrote:

Giantís strength: due to his time on Erinn and his practices with the sword, paladins, dark knights, and the giants and all the sparring with every race, His strength has grown stronger then that of the average human. (200 base strength) (224 strength while holding the glory sword)
What do you mean by giant's strenght. Strenght is just strenght. Their can be weak giants. Stat is not a power, so you can choose it at will. Of course, this doesn't mean you can go withstanding hits as well. And if someone pushes you, you will not budge. Only giants can do and they need a skill. So, there is no such thing as super strenght.

Chaos power of Darkness: Simply put, He can gather darkness to create armor over his armor and become a Chaos knight, Due to his training as a dark knight for so many years.
(Skill relation Chaos knight)
How is this different from normal powers?

Quick step: due to wearing heavy armor for a good many thousands years and his thousands of years of training and sparring he has learned to move faster, but his armor weighs him down so he cannot move as fast with his armor on. While not wearing his armor and the weight removed he is able to move at a very fast pace making his movement almost seem invisible to the human eye. (Skill Relation Final hit)


See, the problem with this skill, you are making it seem like it's always active. Final hit has a time limit. and this isn't Naruto or DBZ that you move so fast you warp. You can be faster, than others, with mounts and such. Final hit can be taken as an adrenaline boost, and only active for a while.


avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niltsiar's abilities

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum