Glacia's Black Blood Abilities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glacia's Black Blood Abilities

Post  Glaceon on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:53 am

Glacia is odd, and has been suffering through her blood turning black....and now it is.

1) The primary ability of Black Blood.
Black Blood is thicker are more quicker to harden. Any cuts that Glacia recieves are quickly covered with hardened blood. Also, due to the blood being thicker, it gives her more protection against attacks. The recovering is an IC effect. The extra boost to defense and protection is made with armor, as Glacia will fight in a robe. As time goes by, the blood will beocme more defensive, AKA armor being upgraded.

2) Internal Darkness
Her black blood has a certain trait of "darkness" to it, similar to what powers a dark knight. Glacia is able to use this darkness to give herself a shell-like armor and extreme power boosts. However, the dark power does not last long, and will eventually start draining her life until she falls unconcious. Pretty much this is her Infra Black transformation. The draining is Dark Knight Disarm. hitting deadly is when she falls unconcious.

Her Black blood is here to stay. These are just a few abilities I thought of. Tel me what you think.

EDIT: The powers were reworked a bit. I changed up exactly how the Black Blood works, to be able to show how it could work towards game mechanics.
EDIT2: Changed how the trans works, since Dark Glacia is no more.

Last edited by Glacia on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glacia's Black Blood Abilities

Post  Mithos on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:05 am

My first reaction to this is... Eh. At least you see that it can be brought near to godmodding... But... yeah... Where are the In-game mechanics? My suggestion would be to show this by Morrighan's powers in-game... since Wings of Eclipse actually renders attacks useless (unless hit by a lot) and Wings of Rage shoots lots of little... black things at your opponent and makes him/her suffer Razz

I'm not saying it's bad or that it's -totally- godmodding... But this isn't only a RP tool. Showing it through in-game mechanics would be best... or else you could -only- pose fight. No PvP Razz
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:09 am

I'd love to use Morrighan's skills, except for the fact that I have no exp for them. And the PvP could be shown, the blood would just make me have mroe defense, which compared to a Karis, a Heavy armor has more defense. Otherwise, My morrighan skills have no exp whatsoever, and eclipse loses exp faster than a jackrabbit for me.
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:52 am

I agree that a heavy armor could do the trick... But you'd still take in damage. What you said earlier is that it renders the attack ineffective... So if you use a heavy armor, someone could defeat you even without using magic, which goes against what you said earlier Razz Either way, if the blood were to solidify... wouldn't it stop Glacia's blood circulation, therefore, making a blood vessel explose from pressure or simply make the heart stop and cause a heart attack? What I'm trying to say is that solidifying blood would be a better way to kill her than to let her live. Let's say she gets stabbed in the shoulder and that this stab pierced the subclavian artery, then solidifying the blood would stop its circulation in the arm, therefore making Glacia probably lose her arm if it remains untreated. Now, let's take it to the "deadly" blow. If she gets stabbed in the stomach, and the stab pierces the renal artery, stopping the blood circulation there would most likely lead to death. Losing a kidney, or both, in the midst of a battle would most certainly lead to death.

I'm just saying unless the blood has some other path to get to the organs or unless you find a way to let the blood flow even when it's solidified, then on the medical plan... she couldn't survive a single hit. It'd be the opposite of hemophilia. I'm only bringing up what I think you might have forgot about... the medical aspect of this power =P Hope it can help develop it
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 am

Why is this reminding me of Soul Eater??? REALLY?
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:52 am

Okies, rather than hardening, it will just be more of a extra defense, such as not being able to cut as hard as before. The Black Blood is -thicker- than normal blood, and therefore produces extra protection. And I will show this by wearing heavy armor, soon to be upgraded. That's the only real effect that will be taken.

As for the Darkness Transformation, is that an ok?

And I don't know Krystal, why would it be.
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 am

I think what we're getting at here is that even hardened blood can be broken by strong enough meele/ranged strikes. Thus, if you alter that part, Heavy armor does seem reasonable, or Morrighan's powers as pointed out earlier.

Now... the 2nd ability... can I get info on how you'd show this in-game?

Infra part I have no issues with.
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:15 am

Second ability being omitted, removing it now.
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:08 pm

bump, editted the powers, how do they look?
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:58 am

This is just the opinion of a humble Jaeden, but if I may...

Thick blood doesn't make sense to me. Viscosity of your inner fluid would never protect you from blows; in fact, this is a medical condition that people can be hospitalized by due to heart failures. Not to mention your blood would lose permeability, and you'd soon find yourself awfully anemic. In reality, this could only be a stamina penalty. Now I'm not saying there can't be a magical quality to your blood to make it so that your wounds heal faster. But attributing it to magic, or mutant super powers would be more sensible than saying you have thick blood. I think we should take Glacia to Manus right away!

Edit: Hardened skin would be more protective than thick blood. Or really, anything would be more protective than thick blood. The point is to stop the blow -before- it draws blood to stave infection, muscle impairment, etc. Out of curiosity, I'm wondering how many times you've typed, *Glacia's thick blood relieves a hint of your attack / blow.* If you've typed it less than once or twice, then perhaps you should consider a power that you're actually going to use (and won't be awkward to explain, for that matter).

These really are just my opinions. They were apparently approved, so of course they're your powers to do with as you will.

But I rather like your idea on the transformation. Smile
Jaeden
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:46 am

Jaeden wrote: These really are just my opinions. They were apparently approved, so of course they're your powers to do with as you will.

*looks and looks but can't seem to find anyone of blue, red, or pink commenting on the powers*

The powers were approved?
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:57 am

They weren't apporved, hence why they are here and not in the approved powers section.

With the Black Blood, it is different than normal blood, and covers open wounds quicker than normal blood would. Howeve,r with the thickening, I suppose you are right. Perhaps the thickening could be situational, say it would thicken when she is attacked by a metal object, and only when in battle or a fight. I can see why thick blood would cause problems, and blood clots.

Another option would be for the darkness of the blood, much like the trans thing, to form a transparent layer over the skin, producing a barrier of a sort. Not Mana shield, but more like invisible armor. It can be seen as a lesser form of the infra trans, this one being more protection and the trans being more for power.

Also, I'd like to add thanks to black blood, Glacia has extreme weakness against holy things, because the black blood's power is from darkness. Everything needs a counter-element right?
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A quick pause from my break

Post  Dellinger on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Realize this: There are practical applications to 'thick blood.'

A) Your body temperature would be affected by either: 1) Being hotter; or 2) Being colder. It's either going to hold more general bodily heat due to increased mass and it's ability to keep things in (like water), or if it is more solid, you're going to need to think about how easily heat is going to go out of the body. This creates weaknesses to certain magics (either you freeze up when hit with an ice spell or literally burn on the inside due to the amounts of blood that has absorbed the heat).

B) Thick blood implies more mass and volume. Your blood vessels will not immediately change to accommodate this, so think of diseases such as sickle-cell anemia. The blood, while in your veins, is going to stress the walls of both arteries, veins, and possibly even your heart. IE, there's going to be a hell of a lot of pain on the inside initially. Eventually, this pain would just be something normal and you'd get used to it, but it's something to think about.

C) Thick blood implies, as Jaeden says, a less viscous fluid pouring through your veins attempting to deliver the nutrients you need to the places it is needed. As the blood change would be sudden and the body would not be used to this, think of each and every cell in your body starving because the transport system feeding it and keeping it well became possibly exponentially worse speaking of efficiency. As Jaeden pointed out, you'd probably get hospitalized. Worse yet, you'd probably just fall asleep and die since your blood pressure is either too high due to the increased mass (stressing the heart by forcing your heart and veins to get larger), or dropping your blood pressure, making your heart work harder and harder to keep the blood moving (this will eventually strain your heart and kill you quite nicely).

4) As well, considering that the blood is thicker in the same amount of space, you'd bleed out so much better. It's not going to deflect a hit, it might just slow down the force of the blade if your covered in large amounts of your own blood. Sadly, at that point, you're probably already lying on the ground quite dead in a bubble of your own blood and they're just cutting off your head for the bounty.

Just a couple of things to consider. You're keeping a human body that has certain needs and physical systems placed in it to relieve those needs, and changing only the main part of that system. Whether you like it or not, this will have dire consequences and would probably practically kill your character off in a week, if not less. I state this because only the blood changes, and the body suddenly changing as well would be a tad far-fetched.

Consider these in your next post.
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 pm

So in a sense, having the blood's chemical composition to make it thicker would be not advised. Ok, what about the other thing I mentioned.

Another option would be for the darkness of the blood, much like the trans thing, to form a transparent layer over the skin, producing a barrier of a sort. Not Mana shield, but more like invisible armor. It can be seen as a lesser form of the infra trans, this one being more protection and the trans being more for power.

The Darkness in the blood, as stated, already is providing her a super power boost in times when she needs it, via her ingame transformation. But what if the darkness was used to produce a small shell around her body, to give her a little defense boost. Of course ingame this would still be shown by wearing armor for extra defense, but the IC effect would be like hitting a little darkness shield. the blows would still go through, but the damage would be decreased, and if the attack is strong enough, could cause good injury. This would make the black blood only retain a color change and a trait of darkness.
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Honestly, I believed the super-boost to be similar enough that adding this onto it would only complicate matters and be repetitive. Sure, it's cool, but just having the rage state (IE, the Armor of Darkness) does what it does, so there really isn't much cause for that.

Otherwise, why would your blood do that? You're still dealing with this little bit:
Dellinger wrote:It's not going to deflect a hit, it might just slow down the force of the blade if your covered in large amounts of your own blood. Sadly, at that point, you're probably already lying on the ground quite dead in a bubble of your own blood and they're just cutting off your head for the bounty.

IE, you're taking blood to defend yourself (from the statement of forming a transparent barrier on the outside of the body), while slowly killing your body because there isn't enough blood to take care of the physical bits and systems you need. Therefore, sure, you're not getting cut up as much. You just die a little on the inside. That damage (the damage to organs specifically), would kill you within hours of using this system as your body slowly begins to shut down.

Just for your own interest, while the idea may sound cool, you're taking a shotgun to your own foot and blowing off your entire leg (pardon the analogy).
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:05 pm

The idea of the transparent barrier is not blood itself, it's just a latent effect from her new "darkness" element. All her internal systems stay the same, there is no real difference to the blood's composition. I'm scrapping the idea of "thicker" blood. Her black blood is the same as regular blood. Her bloodflow and heart rates are the same. The extra defense thing was again, something from the "darkness" that made the blood black. It can almost be seen as just "dying" her blood a different color. The "darkness" is mainly the trait of the blood that she is drawing out to give her the "power boost" for her trans. The black blood itself, color wise, is just an IC thing. The main powers are being derived from the darkness that is in the blood.
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Galin wrote:
Jaeden wrote: These really are just my opinions. They were apparently approved, so of course they're your powers to do with as you will.

*looks and looks but can't seem to find anyone of blue, red, or pink commenting on the powers*

The powers were approved?

My bad. Jaeden was a sleepy Jaeden when she wrote this.

Glacia wrote:The idea of the transparent barrier is not blood itself, it's just a latent effect from her new "darkness" element. All her internal systems stay the same, there is no real difference to the blood's composition. I'm scrapping the idea of "thicker" blood. Her black blood is the same as regular blood. Her bloodflow and heart rates are the same. The extra defense thing was again, something from the "darkness" that made the blood black. It can almost be seen as just "dying" her blood a different color. The "darkness" is mainly the trait of the blood that she is drawing out to give her the "power boost" for her trans. The black blood itself, color wise, is just an IC thing. The main powers are being derived from the darkness that is in the blood.

This is better. Anything is better than thick blood. But yeah, I'm curious where you got the idea of this blood stuff. Is it her heritage?

Last edited by Jaeden on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaeden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:12 pm

What's the reason for the blood, by the way? It wasn't really explained. You just said "It was there." You imply something changed it, but we have no idea as to what. So, go into that, as that will actually affect the ruling on this as well. That'll allow for more time for other people to look at the power.
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:31 pm

I suppose the best idea would be to make it in her blood line.

My alternate option would be from spending time in Metus, and her body being prone to darkness from her past before. She had fallen unconcious to the "wall leaving darkness" in Metus upon studying it up close, and upon awakening, she felt normal, and the blood was the same. But as time went on, her blood slowly turned black, and now it is black. IF this is questionable, I'll write up more about her blood line from her past.
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Questionable only in the sense that this implies there's a natural effect of Metus that makes this happen to everyone.
As well, considering darkness is evil, if you go by that story, you're gonna need to work out some major weaknesses in relation to it.

Blood line is less workable as this was not apparent in the beginning and could possibly change things.
I believe that a rage ability just similar to dark knight may work well enough.
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 pm

I never specified anything major about Glacia's past family and what not. However, the black blood is just something I wanted for Glacia to grow into. Not sure how the rage ability would tie into the blood. It could be an after-effect, specific to Glacia's body. Which would also then define how the blood came to be as well.

There would be the effect of Metus on people, but you also have to remember that everyone is different, and this could be something that Glacia goes through because of who -she- is. If I need to work out some weaknesses, I'm open for ideas. MY main idea would definately be the weakness to holy. As I always state, she can't be in churchs too long, otherwise she is susceptible to fainting. Holy Water would give her dizzy spells, and enough would make her faint as well. However, if she notices, freezing water would make sense with ice spear or frozen blast.

She already has her weakness to fire, and can only weaken the fire so much before she starts taking the full force, weakening being fire shields and using water. ((think elephant water spray)) Any other ideas for weaknesses I'll take into consideration.
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm

bump.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:19 am

Just from what I am seeing from this request is mostly things that aren't really stated so much in game. History, lore, or mechanics. Perhaps I'm just not getting the idea behind the request. I'll come back to this again and reread it. A revamp of the request would be nice, but I'm thinking as of this time I will push my vote to decline the request.
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

View user profile http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:04 am

This power can be thrown out. I got a different trans power approved. He body itself is tougher ICly from her job(s), and she doesn't really feel pain anymore.
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:15 am

Moved to the bin as per requested.
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

View user profile http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3