Tocagero's Blizzard // Frozen Blast

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tocagero's Blizzard // Frozen Blast

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Xeek wrote:
Teoxihuitl wrote:
Xeek wrote:You use mana and humidity. Basically it's a frozen blast that waste both MP and STAM.

Who cares? You arent using the skill, I am choosing to take those drawbacks :/

You can choose the MP and STAM waste, but no matter what, I am going to say no to freezing molecules. You can use the skill, just not with that reasoning.

I dont get your reasoning though. Icebolt does that as does Icespear.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Because, ice spear grabs some humidity and fuses it with mana. What you are saying, is that you can freeze the air with snow.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:00 pm

Xeek wrote:Because, ice spear grabs some humidity and fuses it with mana. What you are saying, is that you can freeze the air with snow.

Normally when it is snowing, the area around there is very cold. So I would use an elemental shield to infuse the water in the air with mana making it more malleable, then by using frozen blast I would chill the surrounding air into a solid form. What I was going for Xeek is immobilizing you with snow. Basically pouring more and more snow on you till you are struggling to get out of it.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Before getting into the power itself - it makes me cringe inside and outside when science is whacked and banged so out of shape it looks like a Salvador Dali Pretzel.

Humidity is relative to how much water air at a certain temperature can hold - there is humidity everywhere on this planet.
The dryest desert on this planet is a certain rocky plain in Antarctica and the next driest area is in the Andes Mountains.
Water molecules can freeze while in the air - that's how we get clouds at stratospheric levels.
Due to the very low humidity levels at low temperature and high altitude, we get freezer burn on anything and anyone. Lots of mummies in the mountains.

As to Volcanoes - the air in and around Volcanoes is the most humid and most toxic outside of refineries and chemical processing plants.
Those billows of smoke you see erupting is mostly steam mixed with ash.

You can easily freeze the water in the air BUT not so easily freeze the air itself - Nitrogen, the base component of air, liquefies at -192 C where CO2 forms crystals and oxygen has long since liquefied and floats on top (note - no open flames near open LN containers - I work with the stuff enough to know the surprises in store for the foolish)

So basically the EFFECT as seen in RP is you pull a snow-job on your target instead of icing them instantly.
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:20 pm

That is what frozen blast does, yes. But you all want to stop an ice spear by blowing snow at it. I am all for fight fire with fire, but in this case it doesn't really work out Razz
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Xeek wrote:That is what frozen blast does, yes. But you all want to stop an ice spear by blowing snow at it. I am all for fight fire with fire, but in this case it doesn't really work out Razz

I never said that, I retracted that and said that I would be willing to lessen the blow with it. You plan on stopping a Fireball with a firebolt?
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:16 pm

It's an expression, Teo. It isn't to be taken literally.
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Teoxihuitl wrote:
Xeek wrote:That is what frozen blast does, yes. But you all want to stop an ice spear by blowing snow at it. I am all for fight fire with fire, but in this case it doesn't really work out Razz

I never said that, I retracted that and said that I would be willing to lessen the blow with it. You plan on stopping a Fireball with a firebolt?

Well, a fireball is hardly stable, shooting a firebolt at it could cause a premature explosion....
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Note the cast range for bolt is somewhere around the blast radius of a fireball - so why would anyone in their right mind try that?
geek
Its also like shooting fire through fire - oh wait - fire isn't a physical object and can pass through itself.
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:03 am

Captincrunch wrote:Before getting into the power itself - it makes me cringe inside and outside when science is whacked and banged so out of shape it looks like a Salvador Dali Pretzel.

Humidity is relative to how much water air at a certain temperature can hold - there is humidity everywhere on this planet.
The dryest desert on this planet is a certain rocky plain in Antarctica and the next driest area is in the Andes Mountains.
Water molecules can freeze while in the air - that's how we get clouds at stratospheric levels.
Due to the very low humidity levels at low temperature and high altitude, we get freezer burn on anything and anyone. Lots of mummies in the mountains.

As to Volcanoes - the air in and around Volcanoes is the most humid and most toxic outside of refineries and chemical processing plants.
Those billows of smoke you see erupting is mostly steam mixed with ash.

You can easily freeze the water in the air BUT not so easily freeze the air itself - Nitrogen, the base component of air, liquefies at -192 C where CO2 forms crystals and oxygen has long since liquefied and floats on top (note - no open flames near open LN containers - I work with the stuff enough to know the surprises in store for the foolish)

So basically the EFFECT as seen in RP is you pull a snow-job on your target instead of icing them instantly.

Oh Cap'n...

How I love you.
Jaeden
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:02 am

But do you love me for my mind, my banana sharp wit, the truckloads of trivia/science stored in my Nutella Jar or the fact that I'm more than 2000Km away? scratch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:49 am

I was being sarcastic, Capt got it right with what I was going for though. Ice is a solid item while fire isnt, so in reality fighting fire with fire isnt possible. Though I still believe fighting ice with ice is still a possibility.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Teoxihuitl wrote:I was being sarcastic, Capt got it right with what I was going for though. Ice is a solid item while fire isnt, so in reality fighting fire with fire isnt possible. Though I still believe fighting ice with ice is still a possibility.

You are still missing what I am saying. I don't know how else to reword it. xD So.. I'll use points!

-Frozen blast: Throwing snow at people.
-Snow: Not cold enough to form a barrier.
-Snow: Doesn't last long enough to form a barrier.
-Ice bolt: Uses humidity AND Mana to be formed.
-Mana: Used to create icebolt.
-Mana shield: Uses MANA to create a barrier of ice.
-Frozen blast: Throws snow at people. No mana.
-Molecules: Molecule altering is hax and will get a computer thrown at you.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:40 pm

Random questions from the peanut gallery.

1: if frozen blast is snow, and snow can't form a solid "barrier", then how does frozen blast freeze a person into a solid Popsicle? Which is a human shaped barrier of sorts >.>

2: frozen blast doesn't use mana when you use it, but doesn't it take mana to make most alchemy crystals? Mana crystallization? Sounded like storing mana for later use to me.

3: what happens if you throw ice spear at fireball? -curious-

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Soifa wrote:Random questions from the peanut gallery.

1: if frozen blast is snow, and snow can't form a solid "barrier", then how does frozen blast freeze a person into a solid Popsicle? Which is a human shaped barrier of sorts >.>

2: frozen blast doesn't use mana when you use it, but doesn't it take mana to make most alchemy crystals? Mana crystallization? Sounded like storing mana for later use to me.

1) Good question, I always just guessed it stacked them from snow from their heads to their toe.

2) Yes, but the mana is used already.

3)I think fireball is stronger? Ask nexon Razz
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Another thought from the peanut gallery-

What does this open up, if allowed?

Can I use a sword to stop an icebolt? After all, icebolt is just a single point. I can block it by putting my sword or shield between myself and the attacker.
Can I turn natural shield into an offensive weapon that reflects the enemy's arrow back at their own throat?
Can I use an arrow to pierce an ice bolt? It's just frozen water. A master of ranged certainly should be able to snipe it out of the air or at least divert it.
Can I block an arrow with my giant's sword? It's certainly a wide enough sword to use.
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Xeek wrote:
Teoxihuitl wrote:I was being sarcastic, Capt got it right with what I was going for though. Ice is a solid item while fire isnt, so in reality fighting fire with fire isnt possible. Though I still believe fighting ice with ice is still a possibility.

You are still missing what I am saying. I don't know how else to reword it. xD So.. I'll use points!

-Frozen blast: Throwing snow at people.
-Snow: Not cold enough to form a barrier.
-Snow: Doesn't last long enough to form a barrier.
-Ice bolt: Uses humidity AND Mana to be formed.
-Mana: Used to create icebolt.
-Mana shield: Uses MANA to create a barrier of ice.
-Frozen blast: Throws snow at people. No mana.
-Molecules: Molecule altering is hax and will get a computer thrown at you.

You seem to be missing hte whole thing where I am not using frozen blast as a barrier im using a elemental shield as a barrier.

Water is present in the air Capt stated somethign to that also you can check your Water cycle chart.

Frozen blast in game says it freezes teh opponent I altered it because people were complaining.

I never talked about mana shield.

You seem to have gotten confused.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Galin wrote: Another thought from the peanut gallery-

What does this open up, if allowed?

Can I use a sword to stop an icebolt? After all, icebolt is just a single point. I can block it by putting my sword or shield between myself and the attacker.
Can I turn natural shield into an offensive weapon that reflects the enemy's arrow back at their own throat?
Can I use an arrow to pierce an ice bolt? It's just frozen water. A master of ranged certainly should be able to snipe it out of the air or at least divert it.
Can I block an arrow with my giant's sword? It's certainly a wide enough sword to use.

*sigh*

Armor has ping so if you can effectively rp it into creation you possible could.

I never said I was going to turn a shield into a weapon, the shield is used as a cushion jsut like all elemental shields.

Again that is up to debaet with your rp skills.

Again armor.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:20 pm

My responses were to those who are trying to take what is real and put them into the contents of the game. In reality, you may very well be able to stop a crystal of ice with an overwhelming wind/water creation. I know, Teo, that you're using the shield. There seems to be a good deal of confusion on that.

Many of the issues related to applying real world physics in a game is that they aren't accurate. If you throw a fireball at an ice spear, there is no relation. If the person uses fireball first, the second person can still use ice spear before the fireball lands. Both could be killed rather then some kind of nullification process. We exist in the game. The skills available are our tools.
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Didn't we see that already? >_>
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Xeek wrote:

1) Good question, I always just guessed it stacked them from snow from their heads to their toe.

2) Yes, but the mana is used already.

3)I think fireball is stronger? Ask nexon Razz

Stacking snow is still a barrier thingy. If you get enough snow tightly packed, it makes a handy snow fort for those snowball fights. XP But the enemy is incapable of moving, so that means the snow would be SO firmly packed that it practically is a solid barrier of fluffy white water around them, otherwise it'd be....REALLY easy to shake it off, like just shaking off water.

The mana is crystallized for later use though, isn't it? I always thought it was like...storing mana in a small thing, then later using a tool(Cylinder in this case) to release the mana in someone's face. The mana isn't USED, it's STORED, like shoving an ice spear in a crystal. The spell is in the sphere, mana and all. (Or IS it? I'm not an expert on alchemy, that's just what I viewed it as. If I'm wrong, then sorry. ^^'' )

I was hoping the answer would be something along the lines of dividing by zero. >.>

No no, Adh, we saw...me throwing a fireball at you...and you throwing an ice spear at me, I think. Or the other way around.

Not the spells at each other. Which would be awesome. >.>

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:39 pm

No, it was you/fireball and me/ice spear. I don't have fireball-YET. It would be awesome...
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:29 am

So where are we on this one? I know there has been a lot of going back and forth.
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

View user profile http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:24 pm

I stand by what I have typed.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Teoxihuitl wrote:
*sigh*

Armor has ping so if you can effectively rp it into creation you possible could.

I never said I was going to turn a shield into a weapon, the shield is used as a cushion jsut like all elemental shields.

Again that is up to debaet with your rp skills.

Again armor.

Armor ping, is it really a skill? It can be just a reaction, or if the sword hits a hard part in the armor.

And, I am not going to approve anything involving changing molecules, if you take it up higher on the scale, I might, but there is still very few logic in stop an ice spear with a frozen blast.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top