Tocagero's Blizzard // Frozen Blast

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tocagero's Blizzard // Frozen Blast

Post  Teoxihuitl on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:17 pm

After running for so long, Toca decided that it was time to be able to slow down his bill collectors quite literally. So while in Tailltean, he spoke to Eabha and learned of a nifty little skill called frozen blast. Realizing that it could be used to actually freeze his bill collectors in place for at the minimum 30 seconds. He soon started experimenting with the cylinders to find the best combination of crystals and cylinders, and found out he could extend the time and power of the blast by a couple of seconds. He then realized that it could also be used to nullify the constant ice attacks that bill collectors loved to throw as he ran away.

Basically this power is frozen blast. I would like to use it as a ice nullifier attack with freezing capabilities. 2 objects going at the same speed and power will cancel each otehr right? That is the basis of this power, since its a freezing power it could also be used to make water cannon into a snowball if timed correctly.

So any complaints? If needed I can go more in detail, but I think thats pretty good.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tocagero's Blizzard // Frozen Blast

Post  Honeko on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:29 pm

How do you mean "Ice Nullifier"? From what I am understanding you're really only describing what frozen blast the actual skill does, am I correct?

I'll look into this slightly further upon my return home from work.
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Honeko wrote:How do you mean "Ice Nullifier"? From what I am understanding you're really only describing what frozen blast the actual skill does, am I correct?

I'll look into this slightly further upon my return home from work.

Players can bend nature, will it into being something different but we cant make anythign stronger than it right?

Well a blizzard is nature, and from what I understand nothing is stronger than nature. So if a player attacks with a ice attack they can match the raw power of nature but not overcome it so both attack clash with each other and break. It would be a stalemate of forces, unless you are a god or something or you put an extra something behind the ice attack say a fusion magic icelighting bolt. In that case teh blizzard could stop the ice attack but lightning would go past and hit me.

I think this is basically a power anyone can have though. Since frozen blast is a ingame technique and these properties can be used by anyone.

Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeko on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm not sure that I can agree with a power that nullifies any other. It takes the entire need for actual game skills in PvP out of it in my opinion. As the entire skills type of thing and how they work is very reliant on the player, is this really necessary?

I can see many ways that this could be... too overpowered. Why not just stick with frozen blast the way it comes in the tin?
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Honeko wrote:I'm not sure that I can agree with a power that nullifies any other. It takes the entire need for actual game skills in PvP out of it in my opinion. As the entire skills type of thing and how they work is very reliant on the player, is this really necessary?

I can see many ways that this could be... too overpowered. Why not just stick with frozen blast the way it comes in the tin?

I would be willing to change it from nullify to lessen the impact, such as a glorified ice shield. Toca isnt really a pvp based character though I would prefer to roleplay the fight as much as possible.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:27 pm

So, does this mean my ice spear -did- hit? >_>
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Auron wrote:So, does this mean my ice spear -did- hit? >_>

If that was the case, I could use blizzard to freeze the water molecules already present in teh air to create a barrier between me and teh ice spear.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:11 am

My biggest problem with this power is trying to block, deflect, or even lessen the damage from the types of elemental attack is really tough to pull off. Just looking at the game it's easy to see that any bolt spell is hard to evade as is, let alone set up another skill to slow it down or even block it in such a small amount of time. I think I'll hold off my judgment on this for now and see how this thread progresses.
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

View user profile http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:30 am

Kayeori wrote:My biggest problem with this power is trying to block, deflect, or even lessen the damage from the types of elemental attack is really tough to pull off. Just looking at the game it's easy to see that any bolt spell is hard to evade as is, let alone set up another skill to slow it down or even block it in such a small amount of time. I think I'll hold off my judgment on this for now and see how this thread progresses.

Well normally when rping, the person thats fighting me will charge a elemental attack and just hold it as a threat for extended periods of time. So given that time usually is more than a couple of minutes its more than adequate time to charge frozen blast. I was thinking about it last night and what im trying to pass IS ice shield that white ball of ice that we learn in cor with a frozen blast background. That skill is used to lessen teh impact of bolts while would work with my freeze the water in the atmosphere theory. So I could use Frozen blast to freeze opponents in a duel while Toca wouldnt really do and ice shield to show it out of a duel.

Basically im proposing to use both skills to accomplish 1 task.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:28 pm

That sounds better. I can agree with this since the shield would lessen the impact and sometimes even deflect it. Then if you were to say this power switches from its defensive mode to more of an attack mode then I have no problems with this. For example your using ice shield as a blizzard of protection to increase your ice defenses. Then in turning that power onto your attacker in the from of frozen blast. I can approve this power. Unless of course I missed something xD
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

View user profile http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Kayeori wrote:That sounds better. I can agree with this since the shield would lessen the impact and sometimes even deflect it. Then if you were to say this power switches from its defensive mode to more of an attack mode then I have no problems with this. For example your using ice shield as a blizzard of protection to increase your ice defenses. Then in turning that power onto your attacker in the from of frozen blast. I can approve this power. Unless of course I missed something xD

Thats what I was going for. Thanks~
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Teoxihuitl wrote:

If that was the case, I could use blizzard to freeze the water molecules already present in teh air to create a barrier between me and teh ice spear.

My problem is with that little line. Yes, I approve of using it as a shield. But, how he does it. You can NOT free the water molecules in the air. Mainly (correct me if I am wrong) because there is no H20 molecules in the air. Or AT LEAST not a lot of them. If not, their would be water.

Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Xeek wrote:Mainly (correct me if I am wrong) because there is no H20 molecules in the air. Or AT LEAST not a lot of them. If not, their would be water.
I am correcting you.
It is called humidity.

Councilor
Councilor

View user profile http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Dalvar wrote:
Xeek wrote:Mainly (correct me if I am wrong) because there is no H20 molecules in the air. Or AT LEAST not a lot of them. If not, their would be water.
I am correcting you.
It is called humidity.

Yes, but, it's not always humid enough outside to freeze the water molecules.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Xeek's got a point.
We'd need to start mitigating a weather system, because if it wasn't raining, how would you judge where it is 'humid?'
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Icebolt is an offensive spell with ice properties. It uses mana to focus the moisture in the air into one point, rapidly freezing it.

This comes from the wiki. If there was no water in the atmosphere there would be no moisture meaning no icebolt. There is always moiture in the air even on hot days :/. The only place I could think of where there is almsot no moisture would be near an active volcano.

So if we are going to get into a humidity discussion we would have to bring up how ice bolt and such can gather moisture but frozen blast cant since they are both very similar.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:37 pm

You are using mana to create ice bolt. Doesn't mean ice bolt can make things freeze. You use alchemy/magic to create Frozen blast not the thing around it. And beside, even if you could freeze it, it'll take a long while. And the ice will most likely fall than stay connected in the spot. Not to mention, it won't be that thick.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Xeek wrote:You are using mana to create ice bolt. Doesn't mean ice bolt can make things freeze. You use alchemy/magic to create Frozen blast not the thing around it. And beside, even if you could freeze it, it'll take a long while. And the ice will most likely fall than stay connected in the spot. Not to mention, it won't be that thick.

The Ice Spear skill uses MP to gather water particles in the air and turn them into a spear shaped block of ice.

Again from the wiki.

So there is water in the atmosphere. Right? As I posted before, this ability would be used when I had knowledge of a attack being directed towards me. If I had no knowledge I would use an elemental shield to lessen the impact and then go from there.

What I am saying is that the cylinder would create a snow area right at the tip of its nozzle and with the crystals one puts in it would expand into a snow storm. Even then frozenblast misses A LOT and it takes a bit of time to actually freeze someone in its direct path. So while the frozen blast is being shot the time it would take to freeze somethign would be more realistic.

Also it wouldnt have to be thick, I said before that I would be willing to just lessen the impact then attempt to freeze an entity. As for the freezing itself it wouldnt have to be thick either, it doesnt have to completly freeze you it could cover you in snow making it harder for you to actually move aswell.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:20 pm

The thing of what you are saying Teo. You are saying it's the same to fit a small rock in a shoe box than to fit a very large dog in one. You are right. Ice bolt does use humidity
"
it will save a significant amount of mana because it simply gathers the humidity around you, freezing it into chunks of ice.
"

BUT! You are infusing the humidity with mana. All Frozen blast does, is throw snow at them.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Xeek wrote:The thing of what you are saying Teo. You are saying it's the same to fit a small rock in a shoe box than to fit a very large dog in one. You are right. Ice bolt does use humidity
"
it will save a significant amount of mana because it simply gathers the humidity around you, freezing it into chunks of ice.
"

BUT! You are infusing the humidity with mana. All Frozen blast does, is throw snow at them.

Multitasking? Im using an elemental shield and frozen blast. Elemental shields are composed of mana.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 pm

TBH, what I don't like...is the freezing the molecules part Razz
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Xeek wrote:TBH, what I don't like...is the freezing the molecules part Razz

What do you propose then? The skill is essentially an ice bolt storm in my opinion.
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:18 pm

You use mana and humidity. Basically it's a frozen blast that waste both MP and STAM.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Xeek wrote:You use mana and humidity. Basically it's a frozen blast that waste both MP and STAM.

Who cares? You arent using the skill, I am choosing to take those drawbacks :/
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Teoxihuitl wrote:
Xeek wrote:You use mana and humidity. Basically it's a frozen blast that waste both MP and STAM.

Who cares? You arent using the skill, I am choosing to take those drawbacks :/

You can choose the MP and STAM waste, but no matter what, I am going to say no to freezing molecules. You can use the skill, just not with that reasoning.
Xeek
Retired
Retired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top