Auron's Mana manipulation.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Auron's Mana manipulation.

Post  Adhamh on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Here are a few more abilities that Auron has.

-Mana Manipulation: Auron manipulates the mana to make it visible and to take the form of anything he wishes. (Such as a wolf's tail and whatnot.) (Note: It doesn't resemble the actual object, it's only energy in the shape of the wished target.) (Any ideas as to how I can represent this in-game?)

-Levitation: He sends his unseen mana to to "levitate" any object/person he wishes (to some extent of course, he can't lift up a mountain and whatnot). (Again, any ideas for this?)

I'd really like for Auron to have those two skills, so if ideas could be provided as to how I can represent those two abilities, I'd really appreciate it. ^^
avatar
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Posts : 2261
Join date : 2010-06-25
Age : 24
Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Auron's Mana manipulation.

Post  Xeek on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Kinganimalia wrote:Here are a few more abilities that Auron has.

-Mana Manipulation: Auron manipulates the mana to make it visible and to take the form of anything he wishes. (Such as a wolf's tail and whatnot.) (Note: It doesn't resemble the actual object, it's only energy in the shape of the wished target.) (Any ideas as to how I can represent this in-game?)

I don't think you can show this one much in-game. My suggestion would be that he can create mana creatures and weapons. Which would be explains by in-game mechanics. Which, I would let you find out by yourself Razz

-Levitation: He sends his unseen mana to to "levitate" any object/person he wishes (to some extent of course, he can't lift up a mountain and whatnot). (Again, any ideas for this?)

I've found this to be a challenge for myself as well. As I tried to figure out how to levitate other objects using in-game mechanics. The only levitation I could find it's self levitation. Which requires a carpet or broom. To levitate things around you, you can use a carpet to carry another person.

As for carrying objects, I can think of a way to carry small objects around you. But you should try this yourself. They are your powers Razz. And remember: Think of things that fly around you, that you can shoot. (think I made that to easy? Razz)
avatar
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Posts : 5907
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Auron's Mana manipulation.

Post  Dellinger on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:18 pm

... Here's the question you personally need to think about before I'll look into approving these powers: How exactly can these be applicable in-game? Is there a system already in place you could manipulate to work to support it? How exactly did your character come about acquiring these skills (this one is slightly important)? These need to at least have a decent grip on the game to be approved by some of us.
avatar
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 2937
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Washington, DC area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Auron's Mana manipulation.

Post  Adhamh on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:20 am

Dellinger wrote:How exactly can these be applicable in-game? Is there a system already in place you could manipulate to work to support it?

By this do you mean, you want to know how I'd be able to show these powers? Or what I'd use them for?

For the former, I don't know. It's why I'm asking.
For the latter, the Mana Manipulation would be for creating an extra appendage if I needed. For example, if I'm being attacked and someone comes up behind me while my hands are tied, I could form a tail to whip at the person attacking me from behind or to disarm. (That's just one of its uses). For levitation, I could use it to -again- disarm an attacker or to easily obtain a physically unobtainable item. (Again, one of its uses).

avatar
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Posts : 2261
Join date : 2010-06-25
Age : 24
Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Auron's Mana manipulation.

Post  Dellinger on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:24 am

Kinganimalia wrote:
Dellinger wrote:How exactly can these be applicable in-game? Is there a system already in place you could manipulate to work to support it?

By this do you mean, you want to know how I'd be able to show these powers? Or what I'd use them for?

For the former, I don't know. It's why I'm asking.
For the latter, the Mana Manipulation would be for creating an extra appendage if I needed. For example, if I'm being attacked and someone comes up behind me while my hands are tied, I could form a tail to whip at the person attacking me from behind or to disarm. (That's just one of its uses). For levitation, I could use it to -again- disarm an attacker or to easily obtain a physically unobtainable item. (Again, one of its uses).


I have an idea for a way to modify the 'appendage' thing, but I want you to figure it out. Here's a hint: What in game currently allows for other appendages and work with that idea as a modification.

I believe using levitate to disarm someone is a bit much, considering that would require basically mentally ripping the weapon out of the persons arm, which then also applies to several other notions that equate to possible god-modding. I'd reformulate exactly what you mean there and repropose that, otherwise it's a tad overpowered.

And what I meant was how exactly did he obtain these abilities IC? What's the purpose of them besides just being there and being cool? How does this develop the character rather than just empower the character? Lot's of those sorts of questions. Pretend this is a book, and you're writing a character description that, if it doesn't pass, will either break or sell the book to an editor; get with the mental tinkering. =D


Last edited by Dellinger on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The last sentence)
avatar
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 2937
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Washington, DC area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Auron's Mana manipulation.

Post  Adhamh on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:33 am

Dellinger wrote:
Kinganimalia wrote:
Dellinger wrote:How exactly can these be applicable in-game? Is there a system already in place you could manipulate to work to support it?

By this do you mean, you want to know how I'd be able to show these powers? Or what I'd use them for?

For the former, I don't know. It's why I'm asking.
For the latter, the Mana Manipulation would be for creating an extra appendage if I needed. For example, if I'm being attacked and someone comes up behind me while my hands are tied, I could form a tail to whip at the person attacking me from behind or to disarm. (That's just one of its uses). For levitation, I could use it to -again- disarm an attacker or to easily obtain a physically unobtainable item. (Again, one of its uses).


I have an idea for a way to modify the 'appendage' thing, but I want you to figure it out. Here's a hint: What in game currently allows for other appendages and work with that idea as a modification.

I believe using levitate to disarm someone is a bit much, considering that would require basically mentally ripping the weapon out of the persons arm, which then also applies to several other notions that equate to possible god-modding. I'd reformulate exactly what you mean there and repropose that, otherwise it's a tad overpowered.

And what I meant was how exactly did he obtain these abilities IC? What's the purpose of them besides just being there and being cool? How does this develop the character rather than just empower the character? Lot's of those sorts of questions. Pretend this is a book, and you're writing a character description that, if it doesn't pass, will either break or sell the book to an editor; get with the mental tinkering. =D

Well, as for the appendage dilemna, I'll post my solution when I fully think it through.

I see what you mean by levitating to disarm, I hadn't realized that. I guess I'll repost that idea if I ever come up with a suitable substitute for its use, seeing as now I am drawing up a blank.

As for how he obtained these abilities or rather....ability, everyday he trains his mind, the source of his mana, through meditation. Through meditation, he was able to clear his mind and focus on different theories and their validity. The idea of mana manipulation came to mind and he pondered as to how he would be able to achieve such manipulation. Eventually, he tested his theory and through practice, he finally got the hang of it. This helps develop the character as it makes him realize that through a calm mind, he can accomplish many great things. He realizes that rash and hasty action won't bring success, but if he thinks things through, his success is guaranteed.
avatar
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Posts : 2261
Join date : 2010-06-25
Age : 24
Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Auron's Mana manipulation.

Post  Dalvar on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:07 pm

This character has left the guild.

_________________
Dalvar - A Good Shepherd.
avatar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

Posts : 2199
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 25

View user profile http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Auron's Mana manipulation.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum