The Kerrins:What they can do

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Kerrins:What they can do

Post  The Kerrins on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:03 am

Rebecca:
Rebecca is strong and talented enough to dual-wield Bastard swords with precision, but that part is easily done by any character.
She is also as capable of running as fast as a Black Ostrich,(Which she does by summoning a Black Ostrich and riding it) and can push herself to perform even greater feats of speed(Final hit...There are just so many ways to roleplay with it)
She has picked up a third ability, which is outside of mabi standards. However, she is going to be trying her hardest to prevent it from being used, and in a few weeks it will be moot anyway.

Eugeal:
Eugeal's scientific nature is going to cause a few arguements, however the only combat thing she has made with it is being kept hidden, and can be construed as working identically to a mechanically covered ability anyway. Additionally, in a few weeks it will be moot
She has also made a rather major item by combining her knowledge of science with Mabi's magic. However, it will be a one-off action that will not interfere with anyone's plot, so I won't worry about it.

Shade:
Now here is where I see the big problem is. I realised how powerful Illusion is a couple of weeks after introducing him. Of course, his ability to make an enemy defeat itself can be explained by his Rank 4 Mirage missile. Please tolerate him for a few more weeks, for like Rebecca and Eugeal, it will be a moot point.

And because I haven't said it enough, moot moot mooty moot.
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Kerrins:What they can do

Post  Dellinger on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Rebecca is fine 2/3 parts, but for the last ability and some of your other abilities:
Personally, I'm not sure I can approve powers that have been kept on the -hush hush-. That's just my view of things.
I do understand that you are making these powers (possibly characters?) moot here very soon,
but I don't feel these characters being moot necessarily allows one to hide abilities purposefully if you're looking for them to get approved.
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:20 pm

On second thoughts, I should probably ditch Rebecca's third trick, it'd conflict with what I am going to do.

As to the rest, I'm not exactly asking for them to be approved.
I am informing everyone that the Kerrins will be departing soon.((I won't, though. Got 4~5 new characters prepared already))
This was going to happen at the start of the year, but I got caught up in the whole Gatemo plot.

I just would like people to turn a blind eye while I wrap things up with them. Let them keep their integrity as characters
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:18 am

As I pointed out in a different discussion thread about such "Hidden" abilities - all abilities not revealed or even thought up at the time are hidden from everyone, even the writer.

The one thing I will say ad nauseum is that anything strange/funky/weird will have to be reviewed (secretly if so requested) before it actually gets used.
Any character can say they can do anything in any way they like BUT most of it will be idle boasting and pure fantasy on their part. geek
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Sure, I'll discuss it with you in private, Cap.

I just really have a thing for the 'Shrouded in Shadows' business, is all
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:00 pm

So do I my dear, so do I - its taken how long before someone actually saw the Guy in Saffron Robes just as he blew out the east library wall after a 2min (real time) casting?
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:22 pm

I see no reason why any powers should be hidden. Things listed here are known OOCly and are not to be known by players ICly. There's no reason to NOT post the powers.
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Agreed.
Temo
Burrito Bison

View user profile http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:32 pm

But...but....Shrouded in shaadows.......
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Galin / Gatemo, in a world of perfect people and no blabbermouths, and creators who know everything that their character will ever encounter, of course they should.

But I have more than enough experience in having to deal with OOC info vs IC info with ongoing Living Campaigns.
It aint that easy.
For those who have the experience and the mindset, it can be pulled off.
It is a learned ability and does not come naturally.

What fun is a poker game if you can see all the cards on the table and in the deck, even though you are told to ignore them.
Even sunconciously, can you hold your ignorance during play?

Besides, if another power is to manifest at a latter date for any reason (like, oh, I don't know G11) you would effectively be saying those are invalid since they didnt exist when a character was first posted here.

The whole idea of these threads is to vete anything before it comes into active play and avoid drama due to inappropriate powers.
Nothing more and nothing less.
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:39 pm

If that's the case, the "shrouded in shadows" stuff would still have to be explained here before coming into play to make sure it is appropriate, correct?
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Correct. But if there are powers currently being used or that will flare up in the middle of an RP, it should be announced previously. I do not like to see an RP devolve into an OOC debate over the person's powers. I was under the impression that we were doing this to have the powers known so that we aren't running into those situations midstream.

Shall I say that Galin has powers that I'll let you know when I use them? Then when I use them it turns into an argument over godmoding and whatnot. I certainly can keep OOC information just that. And as has been previously notated, information obtained OOCly should not be used ICly by said character.
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Gatemo is correct in his conclusion.

You do like to run off on tangents on this

I will repeat as I have a few times already .... No No No

Nothing gets used without approval.
No if, and's or's, but's, or what-ifs. Cut, dried, drawn and quartered, end of story, no sequel.

What is is so wrong if someone says "I have a secret"?
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:06 pm

It interprets as this: "HOW COULD YOU!? I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL! HOW COULD WE POSSIBLY STILL HAVE SECRETS BETWEEN US!?"

Etc. Razz

Anyways, so long as it's brought up here and approved of before the bomb gets dropped IC, that's fine.
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 am

Let's try this then....

Kerrin. We now know you have secrets. Whoo.
Please list the abilities that need to be approved -at this time-
so we can actually get a clear view of what needs to be approved -now-
rather than debating over a secret you could have brought up later to get approved when it was needed.

I think that'll get this post back on track, eh? cheers
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 am

As it stands, I have said all that needs to be said.

The only secret I even intend to bring into play will be announced well before it is attempted, and as per statements made about Acanthus, there is nothing wrong with a character THINKING he/she can do something.

One thing I forgot about would be the right to use explosive bolts, which would be covered by the fact that I have rank 5 Magnum.

If circumstances would cause Eugeal to need another of the secrets before I have a chance to approve them, than she forgot to bring it, and has to work with what she's got.

Everything else I have stated either wouldn't need approval in the first place, or wouldn't stand a chance of being approved if I tried to keep it around.

Now, I believe I should start posting something in the bulletin that goes along the lines of separating myself from the current plots
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:35 am

I think you misunderstood me:
I'm not asking for the secrets.
I'm asking for a 'revised' list of sorts of current abilities that need approval.
I'm not asking for the secret ones.

Mainly, just repost what you already posted w/o the 'this is secret / moot' things
and add anything that you may think comes up soon
so we can actually approve it or make comments on the powers that are a bit more immediate.

Make sense?
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:50 am

Makes perfect sense.

Rebecca is covered in standard mechanics, save for her bursts of speed.
Eugeal has an understanding of scientific principles. And exploding crossbow bolts. Can we have exploding crossbow bolts?
Shade is out of the question
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:19 am

Rebecca, I'm fine with the abilities, but I'd like to see a bit more clarification to the how and why of them for the sake of everybody else who had to go through the same amount of trouble. Us knowing you can pull it off fine doesn't make you exempt from going through the same process as everybody else. For as much as I've with your skills in RP and on the thread, I know you're capable of giving more depth to these things too.

Eugeal, I can approve of currently, but I shall be watching. Suspect Any additions made, please do as Cap instructed and post updates in a new thread should this one be transferred.

Shade. Still needing a how and why even if things are out of the question/"moot" before I can pass approval on it - bringing them into roleplay even for the sake of removing them is still bringing them into roleplay.
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:50 pm

For Rebecca, all I can say right now is that I DID go through the whole long winded process.
I'm only a couple of rebirths away from being a paladin Champion, and all my combat skills save for Defense above rank 9.
I have carved my way through many dungeons, both In Character and Out.
If she hasn't earned the right to claim her strengths, no-one has

Now on to Shade.
"Those who would give up essential parts of characterization for a story idea, deserve neither the characters nor to write a story."
Apparently this is a paraphrasing of something Benjamin Franklin said.
I'm not trying to bring Shade's abilities into the RP for the sake of removing them. They are already in the RP, and cannot be removed without damaging the continuity and character integrity.
The guy deserves more than to simply disappear out of existence, and as per above, I will not change him in any way simply because he no longer meets up to RPS requirements.

So he is leaving the guild, via In Character actions((Which was always my plan, as I have stated)).
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:57 pm

So are you saying that you're no longer going to be RPing with Shade?
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm saying I'm going to stop RPing as all my current characters, but not before I have RP'd their departure
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:22 am

Well, in having a quick RP session with Zach, I have removed the shadow from Eugeal's big plan.
To word it directly, she is attempting to physically leave Erinn, and return to Almost-Earth #1 ((My terminology for worlds that are almost identical to the Real World))
This has been a long term plan for her, and those with long memories might remember her actually taking steps to this end.

I seem to remember Silvreno(Gate) being there during one of her failed attempts.

The process will require a great deal of power(And hence the final step shall be performed close to a mana tunnel)

Feel free to allow or disallow the success of this venture, but keep in mind that this is my attempt at removing my problematic characters from the game in a neat and logical manner.
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Is anyone going to make a comment either way on this one?
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:05 am

I'll approve since it's an 'epic end' sort of thing.
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: